Taylor Morrison - Avery At The Grove (Santa Ana)

sgip

Stopped by Avery over the weekend. The site is a 4+ acre former orange grove across from the Cemetery. They have 3 different homes, but only two are modeled. Relatively big units (2,500 3/2.5 up to 3,400 5/3.5) on nice lots.

Sales staffs first question as I stepped into the model: "So, are you looking at buying?"

Me: Um... I don't know about the project.

Sales staff: Here's a price sheet. We have two models. Let me know if you're looking at buying.

Me: OK....

Went through the homes - nothing ground breaking, nice, but we've seen these floorplans before AMIRITE?  Base pricing ranges from $997,000 to $1,149,600. That's a pretty tight spread considering the SF differences. 23 homes in total.

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Santa-Ana/Avery-at-the-Grove/Avery-Residence-Two/home/148504651

As I'm coming back through:

Sales staff: "So, are you looking at buying"?

I almost responded with: "Have you tried turning yourself off and then on again? Your speech programming seems to be caught in a loop." but did not. "Thanks for letting me see the homes" and that was that.

Sales will be impacted by the cemetery (duh) but it's not that bad of an area if you like established neighborhoods. Avery is close to everything which is a plus. If you work at the Civic Center and have to buy new, this is the nearest new build project around.

My .02c

Soylent Green Is People said:
Relatively big units (2,500 3/2.5 up to 3,400 5/3.5) on nice lots.

Base pricing ranges from $997,000 to $1,149,600. That's a pretty tight spread considering the SF differences. 23 homes in total.

I totally agree.  So 2500 3/2.5 starts at 997K but 3400 5/3.5 is 1,149K? 
I predict these guys will double their broker co-ops, start offering free upgrades, give away free appliances, include front and backyard landscaping.  Then sometime in august/sept when sales really stop, they will drop their prices. 

At least the neighbors are quiet.

The park Avery sits next to has the occasional hobo problems due to it being Santa Ana. Hopefully with more shelter beds being opened that will be a non-issue.

Foothill HS is a good school and easy to get to on surface streets.

My .02c

meccos12 said:
Soylent Green Is People said:
Relatively big units (2,500 3/2.5 up to 3,400 5/3.5) on nice lots.

Base pricing ranges from $997,000 to $1,149,600. That's a pretty tight spread considering the SF differences. 23 homes in total.

I totally agree.  So 2500 3/2.5 starts at 997K but 3400 5/3.5 is 1,149K? 
I predict these guys will double their broker co-ops, start offering free upgrades, give away free appliances, include front and backyard landscaping.  Then sometime in august/sept when sales really stop, they will drop their prices. 

They are smoking crack if they think they'll get that pricing.

Back