Neighborhoods in Laguna Niguel with ocean view and good schools?

Hi, could any one recommend neighborhoods in Laguna Niguel ? My budget is below 2.5m. The following is my preference with the most important comes first. Thanks!

1. Ocean view & School
3. Commute to Irvine
4. Close to trails
5. Be able to see July 4th fireworks at Laguna Beach or Dana point (least important)

aquabliss said:

That?s a nice find . In general anything near the 73 would be reasonable for commute as otherwise you are stuck on surface streets or 405.

Laguna Niguel checks so many boxes , I have never quite understood why it is so underpriced compared to tonier parts of Irvine when adjusting for views, lot sizes and square footage. The school and FCB factor the only two variables that explain this or are there others ?

fortune11 said:
aquabliss said:

That?s a nice find . In general anything near the 73 would be reasonable for commute as otherwise you are stuck on surface streets or 405.

Laguna Niguel checks so many boxes , I have never quite understood why it is so underpriced compared to tonier parts of Irvine when adjusting for views, lot sizes and square footage. The school and FCB factor the only two variables that explain this or are there others ?

20 min drive to a freeway could be one of the good reasons why.

To add to what Mety said, for the demographic who prefers Irvine, LagNi lacks what they are looking for, diverse dining, proximity to SCP, JFK, work centers etc.

LagNi is great for who likes to live there (think SouthOC demographic) but for FCB money, Irvine is better located and offers what they want beyond just schools.

The closest comparison to Irvine in South OC to me is Aliso Viejo, but that also has the distance thing.

irvinehomeowner said:
To add to what Mety said, for the demographic who prefers Irvine, LagNi lacks what they are looking for, diverse dining, proximity to SCP, JFK, work centers etc.

LagNi is great for who likes to live there (think SouthOC demographic) but for FCB money, Irvine is better located and offers what they want beyond just schools.

The closest comparison to Irvine in South OC to me is Aliso Viejo, but that also has the distance thing.

Yes, I think Aliso Viejo is the closest comparison, maybe Tustin Ranch/District/Legacy and Baker Ranch could also be counted.

AV and BR are too far from freeways and Tustin while it may have a better location, their schools are ranked lower. (Notice, it's "ranked" not better or worse.)

Laguna Niguel could be a good place after you retire, buying full cash out of your sold Irvine home instead of buying Travata from CVE, but for growing families up to kids in high school maybe college, Irvine has more target audiences and businesses.

More audience = more ROI.

Mety said:
fortune11 said:
aquabliss said:

Aren?t parts of Laguna Niguel pretty close to 73 freeway and have the views as well ?  Commuting from orchard hills to south of 405 may actually take longer

fortune11 said:
Mety said:
fortune11 said:
aquabliss said:

Aren?t parts of Laguna Niguel pretty close to 73 freeway and have the views as well ?  Commuting from orchard hills to south of 405 may actually take longer

Technically, 73 is not a freeway. It's a Toll Road.

Ocean Ranch is a terrific community. Shea built homes with some real quality. Other options within OR might be this:

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Laguna-Niguel/11-Poppy-Hills-Rd-92677/home/4913526

or outside of OR there's this:

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Laguna-Niguel/18-Vista-Montemar-92677/home/4932696

The commute to Irvine is difficult to solve. The 73 will take you to Laguna Canyon, or Newport Coast Road. Technically these are both "Irvine access points" but if you're going to need to travel up to areas around Culver, you'd likely take the 405 not the 73.

As for trails access - why not this property? Just hop over your fence, and off you go!

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Laguna-Niguel/13-San-Simeon-92677/home/4932438

Good luck with your home searching!

Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Yes, I think Aliso Viejo is the closest comparison, maybe Tustin Ranch/District/Legacy and Baker Ranch could also be counted.

AV and BR are too far from freeways and Tustin while it may have a better location, their schools are ranked lower. (Notice, it's "ranked" not better or worse.)

Laguna Niguel could be a good place after you retire, buying full cash out of your sold Irvine home instead of buying Travata from CVE, but for growing families up to kids in high school maybe college, Irvine has more target audiences and businesses.

More audience = more ROI.
We are specifically targeting Laguna Niguel for retirement after cashing out from the Bay area. The hardest thing is finder smaller homes - don't need a 4/3 2400 sq ft house for just 2 of us. Very interested in Rancho Niguel for the embedded health club/swim/tennis complex. Many options for sub-$1M detached SFR within 5-10 min drive to Salt Creek. Laguna Niguel Whole Foods taproom is a nice perk as well.

Back