Author Topic: Snowflakes  (Read 29622 times)

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2204
  • -Received: 3588
  • 3CWG
Re: Snowflakes
« Reply #630 on: November 11, 2019, 12:15:13 PM »
There is no confrontation. Just a statement. As I said, it’s no use trying to explain.

The irony is lost.

Additionally, no one else has supported the accusations of hate.

Seeing that the admin has not said anything and no other member is complaining should indicate the general consensus.

I’m not surprised by your response. Backing away as always. Of course the admin wouldn’t say anything.

Explain how this is backing away?

My statement was very simple: You are accusing a member of spreading hate. So far no other member or even the admin agrees with you.

Several members have explained what "snowflakes" is and what the point of this thread is, even Mety made an attempt.

I tried to explain before but here it is again:

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/snowflake

To note:

In recent years, the meaning has expanded from "a person who believes they are unique" to also denote someone who is too sensitive and is easily offended, based on conceptions of snowflakes' fragility and weakness.

So all those articles that morekaos and others have posted are examples of people overreacting or being easily offended by things.

Is calling a big giant metal disk a "manhole cover" really sexist? Posting an article where someone overreacts to something and accused them of racism does not mean the person is racist. It means they are pointing out something and asking "Are they really racist?".

Criticizing an American chicken company's marketing effort does not mean they are anti-American. Talking about how you know important people from other countries does not mean they are anti-American. It's just talking.

While you may not agree with other members, their politics, their job or their comments... sometimes you overreach with your commentary. But that's fine, that's your right as a TI member here. But just like you want to point out their faults... you have to be receptive of the same criticism.

And even after all these words I'm typing, I'm sure your next post will be something about me avoiding the question or that I'm wrong and that's what I mean... there is nothing I can say to change your mind, so why even say it? You keep asking me to respond to you but you don't agree with my response so that gains us zero.

We don't agree on the topic of Snowflakes and it's purpose. You think it's spreading hate, others (and myself) think it's pointing out what people think is hate... and really isn't. And that's the irony.
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Online eyephone

• Thanks
  • -Given: 355
  • -Received: 607
« Reply #631 on: November 11, 2019, 12:37:09 PM »
There is no confrontation. Just a statement. As I said, it’s no use trying to explain.

The irony is lost.

Seeing that the admin has not said anything and no other member is complaining should indicate the general consensus.

I’m not surprised by your response. Backing away as always. Of course the admin wouldn’t say anything.

My statement was very simple: You are accusing a member of spreading hate. So far no other member or even the admin agrees with you.

Several members have explained what "snowflakes" is and what the point of this thread is, even Mety made an attempt.

To note:

In recent years, the meaning has expanded from "a person who believes they are unique" to also denote someone who is too sensitive and is easily offended, based on conceptions of snowflakes' fragility and weakness.

So all those articles that morekaos and others have posted are examples of people overreacting or being easily offended by things.

Is calling a big giant metal disk a "manhole cover" really sexist? Posting an article where someone overreacts to something and accused them of racism does not mean the person is racist. It means they are pointing out something and asking "Are they really racist?".

Criticizing an American chicken company's marketing effort does not mean they are anti-American. Talking about how you know important people from other countries does not mean they are anti-American. It's just talking.

While you may not agree with other members, their politics, their job or their comments... sometimes you overreach with your commentary. But that's fine, that's your right as a TI member here. But just like you want to point out their faults... you have to be receptive of the same criticism.

And even after all these words I'm typing, I'm sure your next post will be something about me avoiding the question or that I'm wrong and that's what I mean... there is nothing I can say to change your mind, so why even say it? You keep asking me to respond to you but you don't agree with my response so that gains us zero.

We don't agree on the topic of Snowflakes and it's purpose. You think it's spreading hate, others (and myself) think it's pointing out what people think is hate... and really isn't. And that's the irony.

Just when I thought you were a Christian.

Online eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #632 on: November 11, 2019, 12:47:51 PM »
Let’s be real: when a person critiques a restaurant they talk about the taste of food, service, maybe the decor/inside of the restaurant.
But to call the patrons/restaurant stupid without giving a reason is kind of odd.

But it makes sense, if you take a step back and say wait a minute his best friend/family member owns a foreign restaurant franchise that competes with the top American franchise.

I call it like it is.

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • 3CWG
« Reply #633 on: November 11, 2019, 01:51:44 PM »

The irony is lost.

To note:

Just when I thought you were a Christian.

Says the judge, jury and executioner.
I recommend:

Online eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #634 on: November 11, 2019, 02:00:56 PM »
But it makes perfect sense: conflict at work and conflict at TI
Hehe

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • 3CWG
« Reply #635 on: November 11, 2019, 02:40:07 PM »
Hehe

Keep trying to insinuate this. There is no conflict for me at work... I said it's easier to deal with my kids than with some co-workers/managers and that was in a general sense, not my own situation personally. You're always trying to dig for negatives... is that the Christian way?

BTW: You should look in the mirror about conflicts. Have you noticed not many members are backing your positions any more? I can't believe how many times you've called out Mety when he's been nothing but nice to you. I think you owe him an apology.
I recommend:

Online eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #636 on: November 11, 2019, 02:50:46 PM »
Hehe

Keep trying to insinuate this. There is no conflict for me at work...

I guess it’s not conflict, you just call them stupid. Lol
come on bro

Offline Mety

• Thanks
  • -Given: 141
  • -Received: 166
« Reply #637 on: November 11, 2019, 02:56:29 PM »
It's like one of you guys pressed all the floors in the elevator and one of you is trying to find him at every level. But in the end the elevator was actually broken.

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • 3CWG
« Reply #638 on: November 11, 2019, 03:34:29 PM »
Hehe

come on bro

More false news... show me where I called anyone stupid... I said the decisions were and I was talking about anyone in general at work who has ever had to deal with stupid decisions from management.

You keep bringing in discussions from other threads... I thought you didn't like that but you do it everywhere now.
I recommend:

Online eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #639 on: November 11, 2019, 03:36:40 PM »
Hehe

come on bro

More false news... show me where I called anyone stupid... I said the decisions were and I was talking about anyone in general at work who has ever had to deal with stupid decisions from management.

You keep bringing in discussions from other threads... I thought you didn't like that but you do it everywhere now.

I'll probably take flak for this but staying home and taking care of the kids is not *that* hard. I'd much rather do that than deal with co-workers who don't do their work so it makes more work for you or management that doesn't understand what's happening and makes stupid decisions that affect your job. At least with your own kids, you are the one making all the calls and the "compensation" is more enjoyable and rewarding. :)

Now, how can I say this? I was a stay-at-home dad for a few years... but I was also working side contracts so I was doing both. Even my wife agrees that staying home to take care of the kids is much easier than working full time.

But, yes, for us 99%ers, dual income and paying for child care is the only way we can live in Irvine... can't afford even "slowdown" prices on one of our incomes.

Look what you said, you don’t like to do work and you second guess management.

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • 3CWG
« Reply #640 on: November 11, 2019, 03:41:30 PM »
Again, your scope of focus is incorrect. That's a general description of most job environments... there are some co-workers who are lazy and some bosses who make bad management decisions. I've dealt with that at various points in my life, as have most others... if you haven't, then good for you.

And I like to work, but if I had the luxury of choosing, I'd spent more time with my kids... and I don't second guess "good" management. Stop putting words in mouth... that's false news.
I recommend:

Online eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #641 on: November 11, 2019, 04:08:14 PM »
In away you are second guessing management. But calling them stupid is like icing on the cake. I rest my case. Someone give this guy an award or something. .

Again, your scope of focus is incorrect. That's a general description of most job environments... there are some co-workers who are lazy and some bosses who make bad management decisions. I've dealt with that at various points in my life, as have most others... if you haven't, then good for you.

And I like to work, but if I had the luxury of choosing, I'd spent more time with my kids... and I don't second guess "good" management. Stop putting words in mouth... that's false news.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 04:13:25 PM by eyephone »

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • 3CWG
« Reply #642 on: November 11, 2019, 06:53:19 PM »
Eh. As I said, it’s no use conversing with someone who only chooses to see their side.

Melt away!!!!!
I recommend:

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
  • -Given: 340
  • -Received: 353
« Reply #643 on: November 11, 2019, 07:05:12 PM »
Ever since I mentioned versus from the Bible. Why did Morekas stop his hateful posts?

We are all God’s people. (I hope Morekas knows that)

I haven’t changed anything...and certainly not because of any posts.

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • 3CWG
« Reply #644 on: November 12, 2019, 11:34:20 AM »
Haven’t seen any posts supporting eyephone’s position either.

Back to the president threads where I actually agree with eyephone in some ways.
I recommend:

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Related Links

Recent Posts