Author Topic: Snowflakes  (Read 13970 times)

Offline morekaos

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 279
  • -Received: 305
Re: Snowflakes
« Reply #285 on: March 12, 2019, 12:44:08 PM »
Well the fact that I have never, in 34 years of managing money, had a complaint, written or verbal, or
ANY arbitration ever filed or attempted speak for itself.  You could eat your dinner off it its so clean.

Who knows? But you f*** with the wrong person. (You called me crazy. I’ll show you crazeee)

Whaaa? Eye? When have I ever called you crazy?

Offline Irvinecommuter

• Thanks
  • -Given: 583
  • -Received: 504
« Reply #286 on: March 12, 2019, 01:10:59 PM »
MAKE BOEING NOT SO GREAT AGAIN!

Airplanes are becoming far too complex to fly," President Donald Trump tweeted on Tuesday. "Pilots are no longer needed, but rather computer scientists from MIT. I see it all the time in many products. Always seeking to go one unnecessary step further, when often old and simpler is far better. Split second decisions are needed, and the complexity creates danger. All this cost for very little gain."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/12/politics/donald-trump-airplane-technology/index.html

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #287 on: March 18, 2019, 09:26:13 AM »
This is both a comment on what a wonderful world we live in and what a terrible job we have done raising these snowflakes when losing your job or paying your bills ranks lower than their phone battery dying or slow wifi on a stress scale.  Comedy!

Stress Mess: 3 In 5 Millennials Say Life More Stressful Now Than Ever Before

From slow WiFi to broken phone screens to zero “likes” on social media, everyday stressors are causing young adults to have struggles falling asleep 138 nights each year, researchers say.

Here are the top 20 stressful scenarios reported by millennials:

1. Losing wallet/credit card
2. Arguing with partner
3. Commute/traffic delays
4. Losing phone
5. Arriving late to work
6. Slow WiFi
7. Phone battery dying
8. Forgetting passwords
9. Credit card fraud
10. Forgetting phone charger
11. Losing/misplacing keys
12. Paying bills
13. Job interviews
14. Phone screen breaking
15. Credit card bills
16. Check engine light coming on
17. School loan payments
18. Job security
19. Choosing what to wear
20. Washing dishes

https://www.studyfinds.org/survey-millennials-life-more-stressful-than-ever-before/

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #288 on: March 24, 2019, 08:05:42 AM »
Snowflake comedy gold.

The Weird World of Vegan YouTube Stars Is Imploding

Last Sunday, a five-second video clip of vegan YouTuber Yovana Mendoza single-handedly brought down the luminous 28-year-old’s entire career. In it, you can see the raw food advocate, who goes by the name “Rawvana,” smiling at a restaurant in Bali as she prepares to tuck into her meal. But in an instant, the health guru’s face changes, as she realizes her friend’s camera is trained on her plate. She moves to cover it, but it’s too late. Internet sleuths watching the 10-minute vlog later would quickly deduce what Mendoza was trying to hide: a piece of fish.

“I felt like someone had died,” Mendoza told The Daily Beast. “It was one of the worst days of my life.”

In addition to showing how many ways you can repurpose the word “fish,” the incident brought another revelation to the surface: The vegan YouTube community is crumbling.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/vegan-youtube-is-imploding-as-stars-like-rawvana-bonny-rebecca-and-stella-rae-change-diets

Offline Kings

• Thanks
  • -Given: 227
  • -Received: 219
« Reply #289 on: March 26, 2019, 07:15:48 AM »
try not to set any cars on fire guys

Manayunk Woman Says Arsonist Torched Her Car Because Cardboard Cutout of Trump Was Inside

A woman says a cardboard cutout of Donald Trump inside her car caused an arsonist to target her vehicle in Philadelphia’s Manayunk neighborhood early Monday morning.

Police responded to the 4200 block of Pechin Street around 3 a.m. for a report of a vehicle on fire. When they arrived they found 65-year-old Laurie Livingston’s 2003 Chevrolet Cavalier fully engulfed in flames. The Fire Marshal ruled the incident an arson.

Livingston said her car had been vandalized three times before within the past five months. During those incidents, the tires were slashed and the windshield was broken. But while she's unsure why she was targeted those previous times, she believes the latest incident was because of a cardboard cutout of President Trump that was in the front seat of her car.

“I put Donald Trump and I don’t care,” she said. "I voted for him and I have the right to say what I want to say and then last night at 3 o'clock it blew up.”

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Arson-Cardboard-Cutout-Manayunk-Philadelphia-Donald-Trump-Investigation-507652391.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_PHBrand

Online eyephone

• Thanks
  • -Given: 320
  • -Received: 576
« Reply #290 on: March 26, 2019, 09:19:52 AM »
What happened to your guy Cesar?

try not to set any cars on fire guys

Manayunk Woman Says Arsonist Torched Her Car Because Cardboard Cutout of Trump Was Inside

A woman says a cardboard cutout of Donald Trump inside her car caused an arsonist to target her vehicle in Philadelphia’s Manayunk neighborhood early Monday morning.

Police responded to the 4200 block of Pechin Street around 3 a.m. for a report of a vehicle on fire. When they arrived they found 65-year-old Laurie Livingston’s 2003 Chevrolet Cavalier fully engulfed in flames. The Fire Marshal ruled the incident an arson.

Livingston said her car had been vandalized three times before within the past five months. During those incidents, the tires were slashed and the windshield was broken. But while she's unsure why she was targeted those previous times, she believes the latest incident was because of a cardboard cutout of President Trump that was in the front seat of her car.

“I put Donald Trump and I don’t care,” she said. "I voted for him and I have the right to say what I want to say and then last night at 3 o'clock it blew up.”

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Arson-Cardboard-Cutout-Manayunk-Philadelphia-Donald-Trump-Investigation-507652391.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_PHBrand

Online eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #291 on: April 03, 2019, 08:46:05 AM »
US sends Cuba $4,000 rent for the 45 sq mile lease at Guantanamo Bay, which is a small sum that makes the Cubans feel cheated.  In comparison, in 1983 the Soviets provided Cuban with $4 billion in annual economic aid, in addition to $600 million in military aid.  In retrospect Cuba and Comecon in general was a drain on USSR resources, purchasing sugar from Cuba at subsidized prices and selling oil to them at below market (deja vu with Venezuela oil to Cuba today).

I was in Manila in 2007 looking at real estate around Makati.  It's a nice upscale area dominated by Ayala (somewhat like Irvine Co here).  However the purchasing terms are usually for pre-builds (pay us first and we build) for new.  I saw some resale small condos for $50,000 back then.  Like most places, if you have money you can buy/live in nice upscale area away from poverty, where McDonalds and Starbucks have armed guards.  The people are pretty friendly and not as uptight.  At hotels you can play with the security (bomb sniffing?) dogs.  In the US if you tried to pet the guard dog the handler will yell at you.

HOWEVER, politics in PH can be deadly as many politicians are from clans with long established rivalries.  The political violence in PH can be as deadly as Iraq.

As I was reviewing the Snowflake thread I came across momopi’s post. So it contradicts Morekas statement about the Philippines. (where his parents are from, but not him)
I’m glad that you made that statement. To give a better picture of the Philippines and is not as bad as Morekas previously stated. For the record, I previously gave a favorable review of the Philippines.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 08:51:12 AM by eyephone »

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2083
  • -Received: 3527
  • 3CWG
« Reply #292 on: April 03, 2019, 11:10:09 AM »
I've asked this before but is there any other member who thinks morekaos is being racist in this thread?
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Online eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #293 on: April 03, 2019, 11:16:16 AM »
I've asked this before but is there any other member who thinks morekaos is being racist in this thread?

Come on Morkekas made 10 posts regarding black people, 1 post regarding homophobic and 1 Hispanic posts

This is not including the conversation just topics. I feel it’s offensive and can be hurtful. TI was never like this before.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 11:42:17 AM by eyephone »

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • 3CWG
« Reply #294 on: April 03, 2019, 11:57:03 AM »

Come on Morkekas made 10 posts regarding black people, 1 post regarding homophobic and 1 Hispanic posts

This is not including the conversation just topics. I feel it’s offensive and can be hurtful. TI was never like this before.

So we can't make posts pointing out how nonsensical articles/issues are on other sites? That is the point of this thread. It's not to be racist but to call out how some people overreact and call things racist/homophobic/sexist/[insert hot button adjective here]. Do you see the irony?

What about all those posts that BTB would post about Asians? Or about women? Again, I think you are using a filter here because you have an issue with morekaos.

And again, your assumption that the guys I play basketball with are black is probably more questionable.
I recommend:

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Online eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #295 on: April 03, 2019, 12:06:35 PM »

So we can't make posts pointing out how nonsensical articles/issues are on other sites? That is the point of this thread. It's not to be racist but to call out how some people overreact and call things racist/homophobic/sexist/[insert hot button adjective here]. Do you see the irony?

What about all those posts that BTB would post about Asians? Or about women? Again, I think you are using a filter here because you have an issue with morekaos.

And again, your assumption that the guys I play basketball with are black is probably more questionable.

1. I already addressed the posts by btb. (wearing a mask, birth houses, massage places) Is that offensive?
2. Playing basketball with brothers. (It can mean anything. There are a lot of people that say, “What up bro!” You took it the wrong way.) Like I previously stated to you. If you can’t say it or do it. Then don’t say it at all.
3. Over react? Do you think hammering the same topic over ten times is over the top?

This is what make people sick and don’t want to be associated with TI. Do you think I will back down?

Online eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #296 on: April 03, 2019, 12:10:56 PM »
I’m like btb times 10. If you haven’t noticed and I can go at it.

I can tell you this. Just because your older than me. Doesn’t mean your smarter. (I usually respect people, but it stops if you disrespect other people by bringing other people down.)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 12:26:03 PM by eyephone »

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #297 on: April 03, 2019, 12:46:56 PM »
I’m having trouble posting these posts in my own thread...I rest my case. ;) ;D

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • 3CWG
« Reply #298 on: April 03, 2019, 01:14:13 PM »
2. Playing basketball with brothers. (It can mean anything. There are a lot of people that say, “What up bro!” You took it the wrong way.) Like I previously stated to you. If you can’t say it or do it. Then don’t say it at all.

Your quotes are there for everyone to see. Why would you say that saying "blackface" would be offensive to them if you were not implying "brother=black"? You even said it multiple times before I called you out on it and then you went to the whole "brother=something else" excuse.

Again, you seem to be the only one who is claiming morekaos is racist, the fact that no other members are backing you up on this one should indicate something.
I recommend:

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • 3CWG
« Reply #299 on: April 03, 2019, 01:22:20 PM »
But let's get back to the topic.

So the term "snowflake" as defined by Urban Dictionary:

Began being used extensively as a putdown for someone, usually on the political left, who is easily offended or felt they needed a "safe space" away from the harsh realities of the world, but now has morphed into a general putdown for anyone that complains about any subject.

So really, aren't there snowflakes on both sides of the aisle?
I recommend:

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Related Links

Recent Posts

Re: Snowflakes by Kings
[Today at 12:58:42 PM]

Re: God? by Panda
[Today at 12:10:10 PM]

Re: God? by Mety
[Today at 12:03:22 PM]