Overcrowded Irvine Schools and Quality of Education

the.irvine

How Irvine's value will stay intact with overcrowded elementary and middle schools.Do you guys think it will have an impact in the short term or long term? In the meantime, getting admissions in top universities is getting very competitive. Many people including us live in Irvine, because ultimately they want their kids to get into top colleges/Universities. Although college admissions process is very complicated in the US, we will see if we can handle it once we are ready.

the.irvine said:
How Irvine's value will stay intact with overcrowded elementary and middle schools.Do you guys think it will have an impact in the short term or long term? In the meantime, getting admissions in top universities is getting very competitive. Many people including us live in Irvine, because ultimately they want their kids to get into top colleges/Universities. Although college admissions process is very complicated in the US, we will see if we can handle it once we are ready.

Overcrowded?  What is your definition of overcrowded?

Irvine kids get into college because they have the benefit of great genes, parental involvement, and lots of money. 

Irvinecommuter said:
the.irvine said:

Oversized?  What is your definition of oversized?

Irvine kids get into college because they have the benefit of great genes, parental involvement, and lots of money.

Are you sure? If your kid doesn?t have the will and drive money is useless. (there are exceptions of course)
Parental involvement?

eyephone said:
Irvinecommuter said:
the.irvine said:

Are you sure? If your kid doesn?t have the will and drive money is useless. (there are exceptions of course)
Parental involvement?

Of course but unless kids in Irvine have a monopoly on drive...it's most of the other things. 

Parental involvement also helps with drive and goals.

the.irvine said:

There is more to Irvine than the schools. Many parents in Irvine supplement their kids education after school anyway.

How "overcrowded" are the schools? Are they more "overcrowded" than neighboring districts?

The traffic I see as a bigger problem and I think the city will see increasing crime (which is under reported in Irvine..... amazing how things don't show up in the news) because the city is becoming more crowded but that is not unique to Irvine.

The second issue I see is affordability which is again not unique to Irvine but a reason people move out when their kids are finished with High School.

Irvinecommuter said:
eyephone said:
Irvinecommuter said:
the.irvine said:

Parental involvement?

Of course but unless kids in Irvine have a monopoly on drive...it's most of the other things. 

Parental involvement also helps with drive and goals.

It?s all relative. Im guessing there are more people that work in Irvine in tech jobs that did not grow up in Irvine.

If the ultimate goal is getting into a good college, then living in Irvine doesn't matter.  Hire a college consulting firm and do everything they say which may include moving to east LA so your kid stands out.

What's more cliche then asians in Irvine trying to get into harvard?

zubs said:
If the ultimate goal is getting into a good college, then living in Irvine doesn't matter.  Hire a college consulting firm and do everything they say which may include moving to east LA so your kid stands out.

What's more cliche then asians in Irvine trying to get into harvard?

Send your kids to a prep school in Boston and donate a lot of money to the Ivy School of your choice.

Yea we should be focusing on sending our kids to University of Chinese Immigrants (UCI) before Harvard!

A college consulting firm? Harvard? Ivy league?

What are you guys doing to your kids? Have you guys even asked them where they wanna go or what they wanna do instead brain washing them what YOU want them to do?

Mety said:

What are you guys doing to your kids? Have you guys even asked them where they wanna go or what they wanna do instead brain washing them what YOU want them to do?

What?  Asian dad says:

479453_700b.jpg

Irvinecommuter said:
Mety said:

What?  Asian dad says:

479453_700b.jpg

So do Bsian, I mean, Asian dads think brain washing them into Ivy league will get their kids success?

I hope you are not like that, Irvinecommuter.

Mety said:
So do Bsian, I mean, Asian dads think brain washing them into Ivy league will get their kids success?

Of course not...if anything...I want my kids to go to CC and transfer to a UC for student debt consideration alone! 

My focus is on my kids working their hardest...where they end up is secondary.  Efforts and personality are much more important both in college and in real life.

Irvinecommuter said:
Mety said:

Of course not...if anything...I want my kids to go to CC and transfer to a UC for student debt consideration alone! 

My focus is on my kids working their hardest...where they end up is secondary.  Efforts and personality are much more important both in college and in real life.

Good daddy, IC.

Here is today's Word of the LORD from Apostle Paul.

"Fathers, do not provoke your children, lest they become discouraged." - Colossians 3:21

Mety said:
Irvinecommuter said:
Mety said:

Good daddy, IC.

Here is today's Word of the LORD from Apostle Paul.

"Fathers, do not provoke your children, lest they become discouraged." - Colossians 3:21

Ultimate, as a Christian, your goal is to give your kids a good foundation and let God guide them.  To assume control is folly.

You guys put way too much emphasis into schools.  Schools are important but it?s not everything.  You?d be surprised at some of the background of my neighbors and what they do and what school they went to vs where they live.

Back