Timed out?

ps99472

Noticed when replying that the time to type is shortened.  When I submit the reply it goes to a screen that says my session has timed out.  I have to hit the back button, hopefully my response is still there, copy and paste to a new reply to work.  I just did this to post this message.

ps99472 said:
Noticed when replying that the time to type is shortened.  When I submit the reply it goes to a screen that says my session has timed out.  I have to hit the back button, hopefully my response is still there, copy and paste to a new reply to work.  I just did this to post this message.

I've had a lot of this, too, lately... I'm guessing it is something related to a site update to reduce spam?

IrvineRealtor said:
ps99472 said:

I've had a lot of this, too, lately... I'm guessing it is something related to a site update to reduce spam?

No changes have been made to timeout periods, but we too have noticed some issues, especially over the weekend. The forum software has not reported any errors in the logs related to this, so the solution is a bit elusive. 

On my part, I reverted one recent change yesterday, and corrected an error on a test database this morning to rule out anything I did.  Keep in mind, sometimes slowdowns and timeouts can occur due to errors or attacks on other sites which happen to coexist on the same server our site is hosted on.  So, even though we chose a nationally well recognized host and use <1% of the available resources we pay for, glitches can and will happen from time to time. 

We will keep a close eye on the site and watch for anything we can do to help out.

Thanks for posting!  It helps get our attention when there are problems.

It's because you guys are misbehaving, so SoCal78 is putting you in timeout.  :p

(I almost thought this topic was a parenting one)

I think you've got the right idea, IHO. Parenting-etiquette does state: one minute of timeout per year of age. For some, that could be a very long wait.  :p

irvinehomeowner said:
It's because you guys are misbehaving, so SoCal78 is putting you in timeout.  :p

(I almost thought this topic was a parenting one)

Back