Irvine Elementary School

alikakbar

We are relocating to OC in a couple of weeks. We have narrowed it down to Irvine: turtle rock and shady canyon area. Our kid will be going to Kindergarten this year. Could you kindly provide some insight into Turtle Rock Elementary vs Bonita Canyon Elementary school? It would be helpful to hear from parents whose kids are going to these schools or made a decision. I like Bonita Canyon's small size (488 vs Turtle's 883) but Turtle's Test scores are much higher.

My youngest is currently is in Bonita Canyon elementary. 
My recommendations is to visit both schools in the morning during drop off and stay on campus/visit classes right after.
Test scores will not tell you all about each of the school, so your personal feeling and impression will be more valuable in deciding.
Bonita Canyon is MUCH smaller and seems to be more laid back than TR.  In my daughter's 1st grade there only 1.5 classes (about 45-50 kids).  TR will be at least double the size.  We prefer smaller school for now as young kids are more comfortable in such environment.

Thanks @IrvineRes for the response and great suggestion. We will certainly visit the schools in the morning during drop off and visit classes. I myself prefer a smaller school and leaning towards Bonita Canyon elementary.

We have relocated to Irvine. The property we liked is in Turtle Ridge which means the elementary school will be Vista Verde (not Turtle or Bonita Elementary school). Any comments?

Vista Verde is a larger school and goes all the way to 8th grade.

It is also year round so their schedule is different from the other schools, but I hear this is good for off-season vacations.

Back