Author Topic: Buying a House in OC  (Read 5399 times)

Offline talkirvine

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 4
  • -Received: 0
Re: Buying a House in OC
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2019, 01:33:29 PM »
Any recommendation of neighbourhoods for a 2m budget? All the other criteria are the same as OP. Thanks.

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2046
  • -Received: 3501
  • 3CWG
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2019, 02:24:24 PM »
Any recommendation of neighbourhoods for a 2m budget? All the other criteria are the same as OP. Thanks.

Quail Hill.

For less tax and low HOA, Turtle Rock.
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com

Offline momopi

• Thanks
  • -Given: 604
  • -Received: 341
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2019, 02:39:34 PM »

What exactly are you looking for?

Your criteria only lists max budget of $2 million and location of Orange County.

For those criteria you can buy beach front condo in Laguna Beach or 1935 Colonial style home in Floral Park.

Offline talkirvine

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 4
  • -Received: 0
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2019, 04:31:38 PM »
I have been in Turtle rock several times. Nothing special to me. And houses over there take time to sell. But why did everyone mention it? What's so good about turtle rock? Just low tax and hoa? I am really curious.

Quail Hill.

For less tax and low HOA, Turtle Rock.

Online zubs

• Thanks
  • -Given: 63
  • -Received: 336
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2019, 04:35:13 PM »
It was the original jewel of Irvine encompassing the highly sought after uni high.

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2046
  • -Received: 3501
  • 3CWG
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2019, 04:54:37 PM »
TRock is the OG elevated hood of Irvine.

I think there are some spots with a view of the ocean.

It’s older but if you fix one up, the topography and space is great. Also, no trains, planes or automobiles. :)
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com

Offline fortune11

• Thanks
  • -Given: 173
  • -Received: 203
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2019, 07:05:32 AM »
I liked TR in the beginning but then realized it is “neither here nor there”  . Difficult in getting in and out , all the new development in retail is happening far away from it , views are of local hills at best and maybe a sliver of the ocean from some parts but nothing great .  Not that close to Newport Beach either . But you are getting uni high and a prestigious neighborhood

And it needs to be torn down and rebuilt just like west LA but home values are still too high to allow for that .  And that’s the Crux of the matter — prices

Offline ThirtySomethingWEquity

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 7
  • -Received: 2
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2019, 09:42:26 AM »
I liked TR in the beginning but then realized it is “neither here nor there”  . Difficult in getting in and out , all the new development in retail is happening far away from it , views are of local hills at best and maybe a sliver of the ocean from some parts but nothing great .  Not that close to Newport Beach either . But you are getting uni high and a prestigious neighborhood

And it needs to be torn down and rebuilt just like west LA but home values are still too high to allow for that .  And that’s the Crux of the matter — prices

There are some gems in TR that have amazing views though:

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/19181-Woodford-Ter-92603/home/4740780

Offline fortune11

• Thanks
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2019, 10:15:40 AM »

There are some gems in TR that have amazing views though:

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/19181-Woodford-Ter-92603/home/4740780

Thanks . Is this that much better than orchard hills or quail hill (better in my opinion ) .

Offline Mety

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 101
  • -Received: 112
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2019, 10:19:22 AM »
I like TRock. The homes there have views and more privacy than newer Irvine homes. The exterior though need some renovation/remodeling. They look straight outta 70s (bad ones).

Another hype I don't really get is, University High School. Anyone went there? What's so good about it? It's close to UCI, but what other advantages?

#fepo

Online zubs

• Thanks
  • -Given: 63
  • -Received: 336
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2019, 02:16:39 PM »
It was a very highly ranked highschool in newsweek many years ago.  I think it was ranked #7.  This ranking was used to advertise in China causing inflated property prices.

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline ThirtySomethingWEquity

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 7
  • -Received: 2
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2019, 02:22:53 PM »

Thanks . Is this that much better than orchard hills or quail hill (better in my opinion ) .

Well, a lot closer to the 405, better views of the ocean if you have a view, and a very peaceful neighborhood.  If I had 2 million to spend I'd look real hard at a view lot from Terra in OH3 though.  I really like the floorplans and the community pool is the nicest I've ever seen.   That's almost double my (comfort level) budget though so just wishful thinking.  I'll probably buy in PS.

Offline fortune11

• Thanks
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2019, 07:06:34 PM »

Well, a lot closer to the 405, better views of the ocean if you have a view, and a very peaceful neighborhood.  If I had 2 million to spend I'd look real hard at a view lot from Terra in OH3 though.  I really like the floorplans and the community pool is the nicest I've ever seen.   That's almost double my (comfort level) budget though so just wishful thinking.  I'll probably buy in PS.

My point was specifically about the “views” . I get it that lots are bigger , peaceful neighborhood. But I still think many homes here need a tear down .

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline Kenkoko

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 43
  • -Received: 69
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2019, 10:55:01 AM »
It's more than just the view. I know a lot of people like us who works near SNA would not consider anything east of the 5. OH/PS location is just too remote.
If you like to walk trails, TR is the best according to my parents.
The weather is also nicer in TR compared to OH/PS, much cooler in the summer time.

Offline Mety

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 101
  • -Received: 112
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2019, 11:24:10 AM »
What do you guys think about sending kids to a private school and live rather in Lake Forest or less expensive areas than Irvine? Would the private school tuition kinda even out with Irvine's MR or the higher price tag?

#fepo

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Related Links

Recent Posts