Intersection cameras

shadyoc

I went thru an intersection today and the light turned red.  As long as you?re within the intersection when light turns red, you?re ok.  That made me think and brought me back to driving 101.

Where do your tires have to be when the light turns red to be ok?  Is it the front tire or the rear tires that have to be past the intersection line?  And is it the first line or the second line of the intersection that matters?

Unfortunately I had to a take driving class to avoid points several years ago. The CHF officer said that in California, you only need to START entering the intersection before the red light to be legal. I'm not sure what part of your car or line is used to make that judgement.

shadyoc said:
I went thru an intersection today and the light turned red.  As long as you?re within the intersection when light turns red, you?re ok.  That made me think and brought me back to driving 101.

Where do your tires have to be when the light turns red to be ok?  Is it the front tire or the rear tires that have to be past the intersection line?  And is it the first line or the second line of the intersection that matters?
Isn't the red right camera illegal in Irvine now?

Roger said:
shadyoc said:

red light camera won't help the countless crashes i've seen at jeffrey and irvine blvd anyway

Kings said:
Roger said:
shadyoc said:

red light camera won't help the countless crashes i've seen at jeffrey and irvine blvd anyway
In general it won't help reducing the rate drivers running through red lights and that's the reason why Irvine decide to remove them.

Back