Talise vs Legado, which one would you choose?

postclk

As a first time home buyer, I am considering two new houses between Talise residence 3 and Legado residence 1(at Portola spring 5A). The price are very similar between the two including HOA and mello roos.

Talise residence 3 1940sqft 4b,3.5b with loft
Pros:
1.has nice city view in Talise local community and the loft
2.efficient floorplan with high ceiling
3.decent distance between homes, better privacy
Cons:
1.closer to landfill
2.no walkable pool
3.close to toll 241, not a big problem though

Legado residence 1 2040sqft 3~4b,3b
Pros:
1.has driveway
2.further from landfill
3.walkable distance to the pool and basketball court
Cons:
1.garage is attached with the other home, but no living area is attached
2.smaller distance to homes, less privacy

which one do you prefer? Which one has a better chance for appreciation? Thanks a lot!

Based on floorplans alone:

Legado has a better first floor with the more open kitchen but Talise has 1.5 baths downstairs.

Talise has better second floor with 3 bedrooms and a loft but Legado has a nicer Master and laundry room.

Not sure which is the better location, but if Talise is fully detached I would lean towards that.

I used to live in PS5A (Elderberry) and the pool is great right now but it looks like they are adding a ton of detached condos in PS5B with no sign of park or pool.

It could get crowded up there.

This is the latest info from the city I could find about PS5B: http://www.irvinequickrecords.com/sirepub/mtgviewer.aspx?meetid=5669&doctype=agenda&itemid=168355

i would go with legado res.1 for the larger master and larger walk in closet plus drive way and easier access to irvine blvd.

Kings said:
i would go with legado res.1 for the larger master and larger walk in closet plus drive way and easier access to irvine blvd.

Forgot about the driveway. Do these both have backyards or sideyards?

marmott said:
I used to live in PS5A (Elderberry) and the pool is great right now but it looks like they are adding a ton of detached condos in PS5B with no sign of park or pool.

It could get crowded up there.

This is the latest info from the city I could find about PS5B: http://www.irvinequickrecords.com/sirepub/mtgviewer.aspx?meetid=5669&doctype=agenda&itemid=168355

Very useful info. My major concern is the landfill stink and not sure if these two location has a big difference. (only about 2000feet away) Btw, did you smell a lot in PS5A?

No we never smelled it tbh.

PS5A also sits higher than most communities around, so more immune to ground pollution that could come from the landfill.

Talise is a bit close to the 133 for me even if you don't hear it.

I've never smelled the landfill. Talise is by the 241. I've toured both Legado and Talise. It's a hard choice. I wouldn't worry about appreciation and would choose a floor plan and lot you think you'll be happy with for 7+ years.

It's worth the lot premium for views or larger side yard if available.

Legado was my top choice. I only was against it because of how far it was from freeways. Traffic would add an extra 10-15 minutes to my commute.

Just came back...

Talise Plan 3 (also our fav)
Pros:
nice view
price seems good for what you get
nice floor plans

Cons:
master suite is not as good as Legado
bathrooms not as nice as Legado
no driveway
small community, lack of parks, need to walk/drive
location not as central (can be pro)

Legado overall
very good second floor floorplans
nice master suite and bathrooms
drive way
seems expensive for what it is
location more central
more amenities

oh, also on Legado. There was a terrible terrible putrid chemical nasty smell the whole time we were there. Not sure what it is? But I wouldn't be able to handle that if I lived there everyday. Even if my nose goes numb from it.

Back