Author Topic: The 2020 Presidential Election  (Read 22871 times)

Offline Soylent Green Is People

• Abiding Dude. Housing focused
  • Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 650
  • -Received: 939
  • Mmmm....people.....
Re: The 2020 Presidential Election
« Reply #765 on: September 06, 2019, 07:46:58 AM »

If you don't want to click the link, here's the abbreviated version:

2018 - Both political parties are terrible. All politicians are bad. I'm going to run as an independent and win with the great middle!

2019 - Eh, looks like it's a "no-go". I'm endorsing (pauses....reconfirms name on check) a Democrat! PS - Orange Man Bad

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/06/us/politics/howard-schultz-drops-out-2020.html

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
  • -Given: 311
  • -Received: 331
« Reply #766 on: September 10, 2019, 03:33:07 PM »
So funny, they think it makes them so “edgy” and tough...they just look desperate and stupid.

Democratic candidates warned not to curse at Thursday's

The warning comes as several Democratic presidential candidates have taken to using expletives on the campaign trail -- most notably former Rep. Beto O'Rourke, for whom the F-bomb was also a hallmark of his Senate campaign in Texas.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/09/10/politics/september-debate-cursing-fcc/?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.lucianne.com%2F

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #767 on: September 10, 2019, 10:19:32 PM »
Like hoping there will be a recession, not today. #winning.

'Big night for the Republican Party!' Trump celebrates as BOTH candidates he endorsed WIN their North Carolina special elections and boasts that Dan Bishop was victorious in narrow race because he 'asked me for help' when he was losing

Two special elections in North Carolina were seen as predictors of Donald Trump's ability to hold on to support in red states that made him president
Republican Greg Murphy won the Third Congressional District seat in a runaway
Republican Dan Bishop's race in the Ninth Congressional District against Democrat Dan McCready was closer, but Bishop prevailed by more than 2 points
President Trump brought both Republicans to the stage for high-profile endorsements during his Fayetteville, N.C. rally on Monday night

But he seized the moment to take credit for the win and mock CNN and MSNBC, which he said were quickly moving on instead of focusing on the races

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7450357/Republican-Greg-Murphy-wins-North-Carolina-congressional-seat.html

Offline Kings

• Thanks
  • -Given: 262
  • -Received: 249
« Reply #768 on: September 11, 2019, 05:42:14 AM »
Like hoping there will be a recession, not today. #winning.

'Big night for the Republican Party!' Trump celebrates as BOTH candidates he endorsed WIN their North Carolina special elections and boasts that Dan Bishop was victorious in narrow race because he 'asked me for help' when he was losing

Two special elections in North Carolina were seen as predictors of Donald Trump's ability to hold on to support in red states that made him president
Republican Greg Murphy won the Third Congressional District seat in a runaway
Republican Dan Bishop's race in the Ninth Congressional District against Democrat Dan McCready was closer, but Bishop prevailed by more than 2 points
President Trump brought both Republicans to the stage for high-profile endorsements during his Fayetteville, N.C. rally on Monday night

But he seized the moment to take credit for the win and mock CNN and MSNBC, which he said were quickly moving on instead of focusing on the races

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7450357/Republican-Greg-Murphy-wins-North-Carolina-congressional-seat.html

still waiting for them to find ballot boxes full of democrat votes  ::) ::)

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #769 on: September 11, 2019, 09:26:35 AM »
This will be couched as disastrous news that portends doom for Trump because the wins should have been by larger margins....oh the gnashing and wailing!!!

Offline Happiness

• Thanks
  • -Given: 383
  • -Received: 319
« Reply #770 on: September 12, 2019, 09:30:22 AM »
Marianne Williamson stating the obvious: people on the Left are meaner than people on the Right:

“What does it say that Fox News is nicer to me than the lefties are?” she asked after her interview while her microphone was still on. “What does it say that the conservatives are nicer to me? It’s such a bizarre world. I’m such a lefty — I mean, I’m a serious lefty — but I understand why people on the right call them ‘godless.’ I didn’t think the left is as mean as the right. They are.”

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/marianne-williamson-caught-hot-mic-135228192.html

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #771 on: September 12, 2019, 09:48:33 AM »
When emotion not logic is the only lens you look through lashing out is their final defense.  Always comes off as petty and "mean".

Offline Kings

• Thanks
  • -Given: 262
  • -Received: 249
« Reply #772 on: September 13, 2019, 06:42:27 AM »
if you missed last night!

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline Soylent Green Is People

• Abiding Dude. Housing focused
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 650
  • -Received: 939
  • Mmmm....people.....
« Reply #773 on: September 13, 2019, 07:31:05 AM »
1st time for me to hear Yang and his "$1k giveaway" schtick. Two takeaways:

A) On the one hand a $1k makes us focus on good feelings and the morality of helping others. Um.... What about the morality of robbing Productive Peter and giving the proceeds of  this theft to Unproductive Paul?

B) Funding of this $1k giveaway will be accomplished by a VAT....? Ok. So once the VAT is in place won't that raise consumer prices (as it does with countries with VAT's) making this $1k more like a zero sum gain?

I've heard this line of thinking before but I don't think Mexico is paying for this new border wall are they?

My .02c

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
  • -Given: 342
  • -Received: 591
« Reply #774 on: September 13, 2019, 08:20:29 AM »
Drug problem in America is bad.
GOP doing nothing about gun violence.
There are many GOP congressman retiring and won’t seek re-election . (Like Paul Ryan)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 08:27:31 AM by eyephone »

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2150
  • -Received: 3570
  • 3CWG
« Reply #775 on: September 13, 2019, 08:28:05 AM »

Not sure if you posted this before but I am very interested in hearing what your proposed solutions to these 2 items are.

These are tough subjects so I am honestly wondering how you would address them.
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #776 on: September 13, 2019, 08:30:36 AM »
There are many GOP congressman retiring and won’t seek re-election . (Like Paul Ryan)

It not just me that thinks gun violence is out of control.

CNBC article: Chief executives of 145 companies urge Senate to pass gun control laws

Leaders of 145 companies wrote a letter addressed to the Senate, asking for it to pass background checks and a strong red flag law.

Edward Stack, CEO of Dick’s Sporting Goods, also signed the letter. The retailer stopped selling guns in 125 stores this year and stopped selling assault-style weapons after the Parkland, Florida, shooting in 2018.

Bain Capital, a private equity firm founded by Mitt Romney, had several signatories on the letter including John Connaughton and Jonathan Lavine, co-managing partners, and Josh Bekenstein and
Steve Pagliuca, co-chairmen.

Thrive Capital’s Joshua Kushner, who is also brother of Jared Kushner, a White House advisor and President Donald Trump’s son-in-law, signed the letter as well. The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

The letter comes as companies have been forced to reckon with the risk that mass shootings pose to their businesses. Earlier in September, Walmart dramatically stepped back from ammunition sales after two shootings at its stores this summer. The biggest retailer in the world also asked customers at Walmart and Sam’s Club to no longer openly carry firearms, a move other retailers have since echoed.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/12/chief-executives-of-145-companies-urge-senate-to-pass-gun-control-laws.html

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #777 on: September 13, 2019, 08:31:36 AM »

Not sure if you posted this before but I am very interested in hearing what your proposed solutions to these 2 items are.

These are tough subjects so I am honestly wondering how you would address them.

It’s not just me. Big time CEOs are fed up with no action regarding gun legislation.

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #778 on: September 13, 2019, 08:34:03 AM »
Got it, some people are concerned, still begs the question, What would you propose?

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #779 on: September 13, 2019, 08:44:01 AM »
I’m not making this up. They are getting pressured to take action.

'We'd like to know where the president is': GOP leaders meet with Trump as pressure mounts on gun legislation

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/09/10/mcconnell-mccarthy-trump-gun-meeting/2273902001/

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Related Links

Recent Posts