Author Topic: The 2020 Presidential Election  (Read 99050 times)

Offline Kenkoko

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 145
  • -Received: 222
Re: The 2020 Presidential Election
« Reply #1560 on: July 15, 2020, 09:28:11 AM »
Stone is a tool - personally - but also a tool useful to the Left to bludgeon POTUS over what is turning out to be something as close to a Coup D'etat we will ever see in our lifetime. That is the stuff of a Banana Republic, my friend, not a commutation from prison of a convicted felon.

This is where I fundamentally disagree. They are both stuff of a Banana Republic. Two wrongs don't make a right.

I think we had a similar disagreement before about Senators corruption & insider trading. It shouldn't matter whether they have a D or a R next to their name.

Using what the Left does wrong to defend Trump's misdeeds is a logical fallacy. You can always find something else but does that really justify Trump's mistakes? Or does it just make Trump's behavior more palatable?

SGIP, I find you to be very reasonable but your Trump defense, much like your refusal to give NSR a # on COVID, strikes me as a cop out.

Offline eyephone

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 418
  • -Received: 671
« Reply #1561 on: July 15, 2020, 11:46:27 AM »
gop is losing because people are waking up

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2486
  • -Received: 3830
  • 3CWG
« Reply #1562 on: July 15, 2020, 12:50:08 PM »
gop is losing because people are waking up

... or dying. :(
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline Soylent Green Is People

• Abiding Dude. Housing focused
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 829
  • -Received: 1071
  • 3 John, Ch 1 V 2
« Reply #1563 on: July 15, 2020, 03:02:33 PM »
True - two wrongs do not make a right, however not all wrongs are equal in scope. If you believe that a commutation of a prison sentence and NOT a blanket pardon is just as heinous as a near coup d'état, perhaps your sense of outrange could use a bit of refocusing.

I provided a number/answer on false COVID-19 claims - they are unknowable at this time. The theory that these things never happened, that it's all made up as anti-mask hysteria is the stuff of fools. All you have to do is look for it.

What hasn't been answered? Are all current COVID-19 fatalities 100+ caused by COVID-19? Can that statistic be shown as infallible? If so, please do so. The ball remains in your court.

My .02c

Offline Kenkoko

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 145
  • -Received: 222
« Reply #1564 on: July 15, 2020, 03:40:03 PM »
True - two wrongs do not make a right, however not all wrongs are equal in scope. If you believe that a commutation of a prison sentence and NOT a blanket pardon is just as heinous as a near coup d'état, perhaps your sense of outrange could use a bit of refocusing.

There's really no outrage.

And I completely disagree on the need to refocus. Let's just stay on point about Stone and Law & Order since it's was the entirety of my post you originally responded to.

Regardless of how you want to spin / refocus / expand the focal point, a commutation (NOT a blanket pardon) still allows Stone to avoid prison, avoid paying fines, and even avoid probation. More importantly,  President Trump circumvented the justice system in a case directly tied to himself.

As someone who actually believes in Law & Order, it's been amusing to see my Republican friends bend their moral compass to make this palatable.

Offline nosuchreality

• Thanks
  • -Given: 128
  • -Received: 434
« Reply #1565 on: July 15, 2020, 06:06:44 PM »

There's really no outrage.

And I completely disagree on the need to refocus. Let's just stay on point about Stone and Law & Order since it's was the entirety of my post you originally responded to.

Regardless of how you want to spin / refocus / expand the focal point, a commutation (NOT a blanket pardon) still allows Stone to avoid prison, avoid paying fines, and even avoid probation. More importantly,  President Trump circumvented the justice system in a case directly tied to himself.

As someone who actually believes in Law & Order, it's been amusing to see my Republican friends bend their moral compass to make this palatable.

Take the small joy you can in the commutation.  Someone on the President's staff or legal team had to explain to him why he could not pardon Stone.

They probably just lied to him and said they're really the same, but they're not. 

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2486
  • -Received: 3830
  • 3CWG
« Reply #1566 on: July 31, 2020, 08:47:18 AM »
Heh... somebody wants to delay the election... if wars won't delay previous elections... I doubt this one will get delayed.
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline Compressed-Village

• Thanks
  • -Given: 331
  • -Received: 245
« Reply #1567 on: July 31, 2020, 11:43:58 AM »
Doesn’t surprise me one bit. From over extending executive powers to lift convicted felon off the hooks “friends” to absurd accusations of unproven voter frauds and fear mongering. Now delay voting. Wow, we are not the United States if this is allow. Everything is in the shiat  holes already, so might as well throw in the election as well.

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #1568 on: July 31, 2020, 12:21:48 PM »
Heh... somebody wants to delay the election... if wars won't delay previous elections... I doubt this one will get delayed.

Congress only has the right to delay election per the constitution.
However, Dictraitor Trump wants to delay the election by himself.

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #1569 on: July 31, 2020, 12:45:35 PM »
Another Trump double standard. It is okay if you vote by mail and vote for me. If not it is fraud. Lol

Orlando Sentinel Article: Florida Republican mail fliers push mail-in ballots, even as Trump bashes them

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/politics/2020-election/os-ne-florida-republicans-mail-ballots-20200713-3wu4lihusbcilmn5utus56bzfm-story.html

Tampa Bay Times: Vote by mail helps Florida Republicans. So why is Trump bashing it?

https://www.tampabay.com/news/health/2020/05/28/vote-by-mail-helps-florida-republicans-so-why-is-trump-bashing-it/

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #1570 on: July 31, 2020, 12:51:39 PM »
Trump initially tried to register to vote in Florida with Washington, DC, address: report

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/500944-trump-initially-tried-to-register-to-vote-in-florida-with-washington

Does this sound like voter fraud?

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal