Author Topic: Irvine Homes and Real Estate  (Read 5071 times)

Offline fortune11

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 184
  • -Received: 217
Re: Irvine Homes and Real Estate
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2018, 03:09:04 AM »
Irvine price will be stable as ever while the equities market nose dive. Irvine housing will be your best bet from now going forward.

You should pull all your money from all accounts and start buying Irvine homes then.

Been there, done that!!! :)

So are you saying that all of your money is in Irvine real estate?  If so, much respect for you and good luck.

Luck is all there is to what I’ve accumulated. I never time the market, rather my real estate holdings are just from personal needs and passed down. I am good to my tenants and my tenants great to me, and I pay it forwards to where I can. Money, you can’t it take with you when it’s your time to see the Lord, but your children might be a little bit better off when received some helps.

Good for you . It’s also good to be humble as you seem to be . But as with everything in life , luck often times favors those who are prepared and ready.

I will say one thing from a high level perspective — real estate is knocked around for being highly illiquid and a poor way to invest . But here is an asset where you have 100 percent transparency in terms of asset quality , local data and intense agent competition (in a market like Irvine )

Now compare that to equities ? Liquid , yes . Transparency? Good luck w that . Even the largest companies have skeletons in their closet you don’t know until you are left holding the bag (GE , anyone? ) .

Many of the high net worth individuals also love to “direct lend” or invest in private assets — no liquidity there and good luck trying to cash out in a down market

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline meccos12

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 31
  • -Received: 62
« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2018, 06:04:18 AM »
Here is the data as follows:

Total Irvine = Townhome + Condos + SFRs

07/01/2017 - 12/31/2017
Median: $799,492
Homes Sold : 1487
Median DOM : 61

07/01/2018 - 12/31/2018
Median: $855,000
Homes Sold : 1283
Median DOM : 61

Median price is higher and the median days on the market is the same at 61 days for 2017 and 2018 July to December.

Interesting how data can be so different.  Perhaps it is because you decided to use DOM instead of months of supply.  Here is the months of supply I see from Redfin.

Offline meccos12

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 31
  • -Received: 62
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2018, 06:29:28 AM »
Here is a chart from Reports on Housing from Steve Thomas.  This chart reports DOM but still gives a vastly different picture from your numbers.  I find his reports most helpful because he uses the most current and up to date data rather than trailing data points so that you know whats going on now and not what happened 3 or 6 months ago.  He controls seasonality by always comparing YoY numbers.

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
  • -Given: 320
  • -Received: 576
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2018, 12:11:48 PM »
Here is a chart from Reports on Housing from Steve Thomas.  This chart reports DOM but still gives a vastly different picture from your numbers.  I find his reports most helpful because he uses the most current and up to date data rather than trailing data points so that you know whats going on now and not what happened 3 or 6 months ago.  He controls seasonality by always comparing YoY numbers.

Good info.

Offline zubs

• Thanks
  • -Given: 64
  • -Received: 347
« Reply #49 on: December 25, 2018, 12:28:27 AM »

Now compare that to equities ? Liquid , yes . Transparency? Good luck w that . Even the largest companies have skeletons in their closet you don’t know until you are left holding the bag (GE , anyone? ) .

In the 90s when I was in business school, we worshipped at the altar of Jack Welch.  The man could do no wrong.  multiple quarters of him hitting or exceeding his earnings forecasts year after year.

How did he do it? I'll have to look deeper into it, but it's something to do with GE capital and accounting tricks.  In the end he did well for himself... and fucked GE.

Atleast he's wealthy...this is what we teach our MBA grads. 

Like cosby, I'm glad he's not dead yet so he can see himself become the villain.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 12:34:50 AM by zubs »

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Related Links

Recent Posts

Re: God? by irvinehomeowner
[Today at 05:21:15 PM]

Re: God? by Panda
[Today at 04:08:04 PM]

Re: Presidential Elections by Happiness