Irvine Pacific headed for lawsuit regarding Orchard Hills construction defects?

DrTravel

Anyone else get this? Sounds like an opportunity for lawyers to contact everyone in the IP Orchard Hills area to see if they get enough responses to file a class action lawsuit. Is this one of those cases where Irvine Pacific will pay $10 million to settle, the lawyers take $9.5 million and I get enough to buy ONE frappuccino? Not sure I even need to respond to be part of it. Smells fishy...

Attachments

• Page 1.jpg
    Page 1.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 488
  • Page 2.jpg
    Page 2.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 234
It's lawyer trolling. They get a mailing list ready of upset homeowners and present it to the builder for $$$$, knowing fully well they will settle for $$$ once legal action starts. Yes, your home might get a repair out of the suit - by the lowest bid contractor which adds only more salt to your wound.

If you're in an attached home, these lawsuits are the kiss of death. Some are needed if the builder really screwed up the design, but the number of justifiable lawsuits to simple lawyer trolling has to be a 1 to 10,000 ratio.

If your unit has an issue, check with other owners with the same model first. If it's systemic to the model, then your warranty should handle the work, or a suit might be required. Perhaps some complaints have been made at the HOA meetings no one attends. Give one of those meetings a try just to see what might, or might not be a concern with your home. If there seems to be an over arching issue, and if the HOA can't fix it, then consider hiring a reputable law firm, preferably one that has completed recent work in a similar Irvine community.

My .02c

I also received these letters, I presume they send these to every new homeowner in Irvine after 2 years warranty expires, then pool the responses to see if there's enough for a class action.

DrTravel said:
Anyone else get this? Sounds like an opportunity for lawyers to contact everyone in the IP Orchard Hills area to see if they get enough responses to file a class action lawsuit. Is this one of those cases where Irvine Pacific will pay $10 million to settle, the lawyers take $9.5 million and I get enough to buy ONE frappuccino? Not sure I even need to respond to be part of it. Smells fishy...

Received this as well.  Lawyer trolling for sure.  No issues noted in my OH 2 house, and whatever small items came up over the first few years the IP customer service was awesome about correcting. 

The only thing I've ever heard as far as a systemic issue was a few people (on Next Door, the OH content on that app is awful by the way) said the technician who "tuned up" their garage door believes the doors are too heavy for the frame and hardware it's attached to.  I had my garage door looked at a year ago.  The guy said yes the door is exceptionally heavy, but as long as the spring is kept properly adjusted it should be fine.  FWIW, no issues so far with my garage door.

Back