• Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Others

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • None

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Irvinecommuter

We have had Netflix for a long time and probably be a subscriber for awhile.  I love a lot of their original content (Last Kingdom for example) and they brought in a lot of good foreign programming.  Am concerned that they losing a lot of programming, especially for kids.

Definitely subscribing to the streaming Disney channel when it comes out but thinking about whether a switch to Hulu is in the works. 

You should put this in the Technology forum.

There have been a few threads about cord cutting on TI.

I've have Netflix and Amazon Prime for a long time.

We recently added Hulu because Dish TV doesn't have enough episodes On Demand.

Looking into YouTube TV because you also get YouTube Originals with it (Cobra Kai!) and to see if that can replace Dish TV.

Been sharing a Netflix account forever. I'm still abusing my grad school student email to get Spotify/Hulu for $4.99. Still I barely watch anything streaming.

Irvinecommuter said:
We have had Netflix for a long time and probably be a subscriber for awhile.  I love a lot of their original content (Last Kingdom for example) and they brought in a lot of good foreign programming.  Am concerned that they losing a lot of programming, especially for kids.

Definitely subscribing to the streaming Disney channel when it comes out but thinking about whether a switch to Hulu is in the works.

KODI is seriously cord cutting, but I still keep Netflix. We have ATT fiber bundle with basic channel for local contents.

Do you really save cord cutting?  How much is a streaming service that includes live TV $40-50 and the quickest internet (gigabit) $80-$90?

akkord said:
Do you really save cord cutting?  How much is a streaming service that includes live TV $40-50 and the quickest internet (gigabit) $80-$90?

Well..you don't save anything on the internet.  I don't watch live TV so I don't need it.  I get OTA channels via an antenna.

Netflix is like $15 a month. 

I watch sports/live TV so I'd need something comparable.  I think I'm in the same boat as CV in regards to what we have.

Kodi, torrents, and getting a VPN for a year would cover everything if you have internet, think that would be the way to go to save the most $ if there was no need for live TV.

Irvinecommuter said:
akkord said:

Well..you don't save anything on the internet.  I don't watch live TV so I don't need it.  I get OTA channels via an antenna.

I won't do Kodi/torrents on principal.

We rent most of our movies through RedBox or Vudu/Fandango Now/other online rental service.

akkord said:
I watch sports/live TV so I'd need something comparable.  I think I'm in the same boat as CV in regards to what we have.

Kodi, torrents, and getting a VPN for a year would cover everything if you have internet, think that would be the way to go to save the most $ if there was no need for live TV.

Irvinecommuter said:
akkord said:

Sling and an antenna gets you a lot of sports.  Unless you watch very specific sports that require the full cable package + premium channels.
But cord cutting is really a convo for us old folks.  No one under the age of 30 (?) has cable.  They all stream.
We have Hulu, Netflix, Prime + Sling and opt into HBO and Showtime when there are shows we want to watch.  For us it's not about saving money, but the ability to choose versus dealing with Cox and their packages/deals/specials.

We have directv, Hulu live with 200 hours of cloud storage to be able to skip commercials, prime and Netflix. I think once my directv contract is up illl cut the cord on directv. I watch mostly recorded shows on the Hulu cloud dvr.  My wife likes having directv on the Tv. doesn?t really like using the fire stick, but I?ll get her to come around. I do like having the Sunday ticket but with kids i can?t really spend all day watching football like I used to :-(

We are pretty happy with only using Hulu live TV with DVR and commercial skipping. It seems to offer most everything we want; now if we can only find the right ISP.

Kangen.Irvine said:
We are pretty happy with only using Hulu live TV with DVR and commercial skipping. It seems to offer most everything we want; now if we can only find the right ISP.

Made the switch from Cox to ATT and it has been good.  Cheaper (especially if you are a AT&T cell phone user).  Their router sucks though.

qwerty said:
My wife likes having directv on the Tv.

Same. I keep saying Dish but we have DirectTV too. She prefers using a regular remote.

[she] doesn?t really like using the fire stick, but I?ll get her to come around.

#TWQS

I do like having the Sunday ticket but with kids i can?t really spend all day watching football like I used to :-(

Are you up to 3 or more now? Gotta keep pumping those qwertitos out to take over the world.

Both YouTube TV and Hulu Live cost $40... except that YouTube TV has unlimited DVR which is why I am leaning towards it.

I  knew I could count on IHO :)

We are at two and done. No more. Getting too old to take care of babies.

I did the YouTube trial and liked it a lot. Cant remember the exact reason I went with Hulu live. I did like that YouTube had the unlimited DVR. I think it was you could not fast forward through commercials on YouTube.

Yeah, back when they had a 15-day or 30-day free trial, I found out that some shows you DVR that get released OnDemand will not let you access the recorded version anymore, you have to watch the OnDemand one which won't let you skp commercials.

Shows that let you access your recorded version you can skip.

If Hulu Live doesn't do that, i would probably look into that except they charge your extra for the 200 hours, more than 2 screens at a time etc. Also, Hulu doesn't currently have NBA TV.

Another problem is most of these streaming services don't have Spectrum Sportsnet which I can watch on DirecTV for Lakers games.

Irvinecommuter said:
Kangen.Irvine said:

Made the switch from Cox to ATT and it has been good.  Cheaper (especially if you are a AT&T cell phone user).  Their router sucks though.

+1 for ATT.  had cox for years and they finally decided they didn't want to offer any more discounts, so greener pastures were found.

I really recommend direct tv now. Free cloud service (record shows) When I signed up I got a free Apple TV 4K, but they ended the promotion. Currently they are giving a free Roku.

If you are on budget consider sling tv. ($25 a month)

Back