Saving Accounts- Advice

the.irvine

All-

Other than stocks and buying real estate in Irvine where would you invest 200K-300K cash. Looking for best options with decent interest rates. 

Thx

You could buy Annaly Capital REIT shares (ticker: NLY).  Don?t expect much return in the share price but the dividend is 12%

I wouldn't call it "decent rate of return", but Fidelity has CD and Bond Ladder tools that you can play with.

I'm getting 2.1% in an Ally no-penalty CD.  11 month term, close it anytime before then if you want to and keep all accrued interest.

Cares said:
You can consider real estate syndication with a good waterfall payoff structure.

Know any open ones whose return isnt heavily dependent on 3-5 year appreciation of the underlying property?

Ally has a 1% back promotion up to $1000 right now (100k investment)
Free money but you have to park it till February I believe.

daedalus said:
I'm getting 2.1% in an Ally no-penalty CD.  11 month term, close it anytime before then if you want to and keep all accrued interest.

Netperx said:
Ally has a 1% back promotion up to $1000 right now (100k investment)
Free money but you have to park it till February I believe.

daedalus said:

This promo is over now.

Curious what you all think about this CD offer for the top step of the step stool.  3.55% CD for 30 months plus 2 years of AMZN Prime ($238 value) if you deposit $50k for CD and open a $1k checking account.  Thoughts?

https://www.bankatunited.com/Landing/30-Month-CD?gclid=Cj0KCQiAlIXfBRCpARIsAKvManxhTgwOd7lkVci-y6Yb-gLKOP9Hj7ncrfvS9cjHx70qAiCU51h7mskaAqE0EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Back