Author Topic: which DMV to go for early walk in?  (Read 1678 times)

Offline Mety

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 102
  • -Received: 112
Re: which DMV to go for early walk in?
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2018, 01:09:35 PM »
Sounds like this DMV system needs some serious re-work and upgrades for more convenience. Waiting 8 or even 2 hours for the residents should NOT be happening in the best leading country of the world. Ya'll feel me on this one?

#MAGA

#fepo

Offline spootieho

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 148
  • -Received: 79
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2018, 10:53:38 PM »
Worse is leaving in an ambulance or police car, after waiting hours in line.

2 different elderly ladies passed out in line and had to leave in ambulances (incidents were about an hour apart).  One of them was in front of me.  She begged the medics not to take her away as she already spent so much time in line, but they took her.
1 lady just snapped and went crazy and had to leave in a police car.  She didn't even snap about anyone in line or even the DMV.  She just snapped and went crazy while in line.

Offline SoCal

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 1801
  • -Received: 1474
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2018, 03:10:14 PM »
I just came from the Laguna Hills DMV right now. Same as you, O.P. Needed to renew my DL. Could have renewed by mail / online. But decided to bite the bullet & go in for a federally compliant Real ID. In & out in 90 min. Walk-in. It was the shortest wait of the 3 closest locations.

Offline Happiness

• Thanks
  • -Given: 361
  • -Received: 303
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2018, 03:17:39 PM »
I just came from the Laguna Hills DMV right now. Same as you, O.P. Needed to renew my DL. Could have renewed by mail / online. But decided to bite the bullet & go in for a federally compliant Real ID. In & out in 90 min. Walk-in. It was the shortest wait of the 3 closest locations.

Welcome back!

Offline Mety

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2018, 04:05:16 PM »

Welcome back!

YF?
#fepo

Offline mads

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2
  • -Received: 3
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2018, 04:51:56 PM »
YF?
[/quote]
Lol, no. one of the founding/original members, I think? vaguely remember someone saying so in an old search.
Do let us know how it goes, OP.

Offline iacrenter

• Thanks
  • -Given: 382
  • -Received: 572
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2018, 06:47:14 PM »
YF?

Lol, no. one of the founding/original members, I think? vaguely remember someone saying so in an old search.

Yellow Fever (YF) was not a founding member/OG--that would be someone like IHO. YF was more like a one hit wonder.

Offline fortune11

• Thanks
  • -Given: 173
  • -Received: 206
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2018, 07:16:49 PM »
YF?

Yellow Fever (YF) was not a founding member/OG--that would be someone like IHO. YF was more like a one hit wonder.

I still remember his neighborhood toxicity spreadsheet  - what a hoot that was !

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
  • -Given: 299
  • -Received: 559
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2018, 07:27:39 PM »
YF?

YF put Talk Irvine on the map!
(I think he’s on a break because his wife just had a kid. Congrats!) ;)

Offline mads

• Tourist
  • Thanks
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2018, 05:32:23 PM »
YF?
[/quote]
was referring to SoCal, not YF

Offline Roger

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 229
  • -Received: 39
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2018, 07:26:26 AM »
Thanks for the info SoCal.  What kind documents did you end up bringing for proof of your id?  Just curious if there is alternative document besides the actual social security card if they can't find it  :o

Offline Mety

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2018, 01:10:47 PM »
YF?

YF put Talk Irvine on the map!
(I think he’s on a break because his wife just had a kid. Congrats!) ;)

We are all YellowFever. Now time for the updated version 3.0 of the Environmental Hazard spread sheet.
#fepo

Offline mads

• Tourist
  • Thanks
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2018, 02:58:33 PM »
Thanks for the info SoCal.  What kind documents did you end up bringing for proof of your id?  Just curious if there is alternative document besides the actual social security card if they can't find it  :o

Looks like a W2/paystub with full SSN will do too. The checklist is at https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/wcm/connect/2db22455-e270-47a3-819c-d7c7716d5194/List_of_Docs_REALID.pdf?MOD=AJPERES&CVID=

Offline Roger

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2018, 07:05:57 AM »
Looks like a W2/paystub with full SSN will do too. The checklist is at https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/wcm/connect/2db22455-e270-47a3-819c-d7c7716d5194/List_of_Docs_REALID.pdf?MOD=AJPERES&CVID=
Ah thanks a bunch mads!

Offline Roger

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2018, 07:07:18 AM »
Ah thanks a bunch mads!

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Related Links

Recent Posts