Haloween 2018

slizzap

Any recommendations for trick or treating in Irvine. Also where is a good place to see haloween decorations. Walking around portola springs its pretty dead right now.

Btw I searched but found only super old posts.

Sorry, missed this post. I hope the OP found a good spot to trick or treat.

From what I've heard, the newer communities (I guess except PS) have been very busy every year (see CV's post about GP). Even ones build mid 2000s like Woodbury have lots of traffic.

One of my ex-neighbors in an older hood told me that it was actually more people this year than previous years. They still close down a few streets in the south Woodbridge tract of Landings II.

Halloween resurgence?

CV had a community Trunk or Treat event that went well. Also hit up Beacon Park area and there was quite a bit of participation from homeowners.

I left a chair out with box filled with chocolate and sign that read "happy Halloween".

Came back from dinner 2+ hours later and nobody touched it.

Brought it back in the house at midnight.  Not one person came for candy.  >_>

momopi said:
I left a chair out with box filled with chocolate and sign that read "happy Halloween".

Monopi, you must be on top of the hills behinds guarded gates. :)

momopi said:

Was the chocolate individually wrapped or was it in a box like Sees candies?

I'm in RSM, and used to get 2-300 kids per night. All of these kids grew up. New families have not moved in (yet). Our present flow of trick or treaters is now down to about 60. My guess is that in some of the GP neighborhoods you'll see a baby boom, and the wave of trick or treaters will surge once again.

Every year I keep on hand a couple of the giant sized Hershey bars (4x size of "full size bars") for those kids who really go the extra mile with their costumes. This year we had a "Ruth Bader Ginsberg" come through, gavel and all. She also was passing out information about her GS Troops food drive and recommended items to share. I doubt that giant sized Hershey bar she was awarded will be donated any time soon.

Any other stand out costumes in your neighborhood?

My .02c

eyephone said:
momopi said:

Was the chocolate individually wrapped or was it in a box like Sees candies?

Twix and Kit Kat in individual packages.

I'll just bring it to work.  People at work will eat just about anything.

Soylent Green Is People said:
I'm in RSM, and used to get 2-300 kids per night. All of these kids grew up. New families have not moved in (yet). Our present flow of trick or treaters is now down to about 60. My guess is that in some of the GP neighborhoods you'll see a baby boom, and the wave of trick or treaters will surge once again.

Every year I keep on hand a couple of the giant sized Hershey bars (4x size of "full size bars") for those kids who really go the extra mile with their costumes. This year we had a "Ruth Bader Ginsberg" come through, gavel and all. She also was passing out information about her GS Troops food drive and recommended items to share. I doubt that giant sized Hershey bar she was awarded will be donated any time soon.

Any other stand out costumes in your neighborhood?

My .02c

Two teen girls. Dressed as zombies and the make up is no less than the what you'd see in the Living Dead. I nearly dropped my candy bowl when I opened the my doors. Now that some freaky looking stuffs.

Back