Amazon Prime

irvinebullhousing

I had Amazon Prime for the last 7 years. This month my renewal is up and I decided 20 % increase in the prime membership is not worth anymore. I can still get the same items elsewhere now with two days free shipping. The competitors really stepping up with delivery services. Streams contents is redundant to a few service provider I already have. Netflix is still the king of media contents.

For me... $10 per month is well worth the Prime shipping (same day even!), Prime video, Prime music and Prime books.

We use many of the Prime benefits so that cost is very nominal... even if they doubled it.

Compressed-Village said:
I had Amazon Prime for the last 7 years. This month my renewal is up and I decided 20 % increase in the prime membership is not worth anymore. I can still get the same items elsewhere now with two days free shipping. The competitors really stepping up with delivery services. Streams contents is redundant to a few service provider I already have. Netflix is still the king of media contents.

Holdddd upppppp. So MR and the annual 2% increase is NBD, who cares, chump change, peanuts, but you?re balking at amazon prime increases?  Mmmhmmm.

bones said:
Compressed-Village said:

Holdddd upppppp. So MR and the annual 2% increase is NBD, who cares, chump change, peanuts, but you?re balking at amazon prime increases?  Mmmhmmm.

You forget the perception of values. If you see values in it then keep it. If you don?t see values in it then dump it. MR is not of values to you, then why not get it if it. Let me know when you list your house😀.

Compressed-Village said:
bones said:
Compressed-Village said:

You forget the perception of values. If you see values in it then keep it. If you don?t see values in it then dump it. MR is not of values to you, then why not get it if it. Let me know when you list your house😀.

So you find $10k of MR (I'm assuming you live in a big ass house in BP just based on the way you talk on here, but I could be wrong) to be better value than $120 of amazon prime?  There's absolutely nothing wrong with that.  Just interesting when people (including myself) complain about 2% MR increases, you insult us with your flippant talk about how its minor $, but then you create a whole thread about your personal decision to cancel amazon prime....which is less than the annual 2% increases. 

But yes, yes, this is a free forum and you can post about what you want.  And I can choose to not read/not comment on it.  Or I can choose to troll you :)

Sorry... CV, I'm with bones on this.

I'm way more upset about 2% increase in MRs than Amazon Prime jump.

$20 per year bump is much less than $$$$ of MR bump per year... even considering value.

This year, GP mello went up the full 2%.  In previous years it went up around 1.99847573485%

So here is my thoughts, on subscriptions base and not just prime, but almost all things that I buy.

If I don't see a continue values in paying for something whether its 10K for Mello tax or 1 dollars from the dollars store, I would just drop it all together.

That's just how I am. Sure, 10K is a big difference than 20 dollars, but the principle that I am sticking with is that, if my view on a subject or an items that gives me little to no use or pleasure anymore, then I would ditch it all together.

I am sure Bones is not alone in hating the increase, but there have got to be values in there for him / her to continue to pay for it, not? If there is no values in it Bones, how come you still continue to complain each and every year when tax time comes and continue to be displeasure?

I knew that tax would increase each year so I am prepare for it. Now, tell me if you not well informed when you make your purchase. You sounds like a smart buyer to look the other way and not know about your tax obligations.

Prime membership force you to use it more, and the little guys, mom / pop shop is closing. Life is full of unfairness and big boys like Amazon really strike it hard on little guys.

My Amazon Prime use has gone down the last few weeks because they can no longer do same day delivery or even next or 2-day.

I understand they are focusing on getting essentials to people but that should be through Amazon Fresh or Prime Now.

I had to order this Tuesday through Prime though because local stores didn't have what I was looking for. My shipping quotes were for a week or more out which I figured I could deal with as it wasn't an urgent purchase but to my surprise... I got notifications that my items would be arriving today. Not all of them, one other won't arrive until this Saturday but that's much better than next Wednesday which was the original estimated date.

Just letting you people who do like Amazon Prime, that actual ship date could be sooner than estimated date depending on the product.

Meanwhile, masks that I ordered on 4/11 on Amazon (non-Prime) that were supposed to arrive 4/27 have still not arrived and may not arrive until 5/5. :(

Amazon distribution center fire in Redlands... looks like the whole building burned down.

Hopefully no one was hurt... but I wonder how this will effect SoCal deliveries.

irvinehomeowner said:
Amazon distribution center fire in Redlands... looks like the whole building burned down.

Hopefully no one was hurt... but I wonder how this will effect SoCal deliveries.

According to CNN.com:

The building is operated by Kuehne and Nagel, which is a third-party operator that assists Amazon in shipping extra-large items to customers, Amazon said.

Back