Author Topic: Housing Analysis  (Read 321028 times)

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2802
  • -Received: 4115
  • 3CWG
Re: Housing Analysis
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2018, 02:32:16 PM »
Let me know if you have a counter argument or if you agree.

You haven't even presented an argument other than regurgitating someone else's articles or saying "I predict a slowdown".

Fire is hot, ice is cold.

I copied and pasted data from articles. Why recreate the wheel?

So not really any analysis from you.

So the title should be "Look what I found on the Internet".
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline Compressed-Village

• Thanks
  • -Given: 397
  • -Received: 354
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2018, 02:36:49 PM »

You haven't even presented an argument other than regurgitating someone else's articles or saying "I predict a slowdown".

Ha ha funny, IHO, I did laugh out loud. But I do appreciate Eyephone bring some attention to the slow down. Only if everyone believe me that they should dump now for max ROI, then I will be a rich man decade from now.

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
  • -Given: 505
  • -Received: 789
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2018, 02:38:16 PM »
Do you follow W Buffet?

1. He owns the #2 Real Estate brokerage firm in the US
2. His actions are signals to markets/investors. (For example He bought BofA for dirt cheap, bought Goldman Sachs at a bargain during the Great Recession. There are many other stories, but maybe another time.)

Don’t bring BTB into this. (Changing the subject?)

What does your Warren Buffet post have to do with anything?

I just posted after you said "Like I mentioned... I'm so smart... I'm the king of predictions... I'm so awesome" (well... I embellished).

Man, you and BTB have this thing with being "attacked"... this is a forum, we discuss our opinions and positions and from my viewpoint, I have no idea what your position is because it's so general and you have no detail to back it up.

The sun makes light.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 02:43:40 PM by eyephone »

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2018, 02:40:21 PM »

Ha ha funny, IHO, I did laugh out loud. But I do appreciate Eyephone bring some attention to the slow down. Only if everyone believe me that they should dump now for max ROI, then I will be a rich man decade from now.

Thanks

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2018, 02:48:09 PM »

Ok. Many threads on TI and other forums give opinions of topics from the news/articles/editorials

Offline bones

• Thanks
  • -Given: 214
  • -Received: 1203
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2018, 02:59:08 PM »
What does your Warren Buffet post have to do with anything?

I just posted after you said "Like I mentioned... I'm so smart... I'm the king of predictions... I'm so awesome" (well... I embellished).

Man, you and BTB have this thing with being "attacked"... this is a forum, we discuss our opinions and positions and from my viewpoint, I have no idea what your position is because it's so general and you have no detail to back it up.

The sun makes light.

Hot take:  iPhone is a bot!

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Your CPA Realtor
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2974
  • -Received: 2316
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2018, 03:05:55 PM »
USC can answer this but doesn't this usually happen as we get into the fall? School has started, summer is over and many people are less inclined to buy.

Then it starts ramping up again in the spring.

From my experience in the past 3-4 years, I've actually noticed that my open house traffic and agent showing traffic is a bit lower in July-Aug then it is Sept-Nov and Jan-June.  I don't know if it's the heat, people on vacation, family in town visiting, and/or more properties listing on the market.  I've even had huge buyer traffic on homes that I've listed after Thanksgiving and right after the first of the year.
Martin Mania, CPA
AgencyOne
CA DRE License # 01799007
CA CPA License # 107675
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Often imitated....Never duplicated!
Have license, will travel!

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • 3CWG
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2018, 03:10:58 PM »
USC can answer this but doesn't this usually happen as we get into the fall? School has started, summer is over and many people are less inclined to buy.

From my experience in the past 3-4 years, I've actually noticed that my open house traffic and agent showing traffic is a bit lower in July-Aug then it is Sept-Nov and Jan-June.  I don't know if it's the heat, people on vacation, family in town visiting, and/or more properties listing on the market.  I've even had huge buyer traffic on homes that I've listed after Thanksgiving and right after the first of the year.

So your open house traffic is different from what your charts say about sales volume and inventory?

Interesting.
I recommend:

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • 3CWG
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2018, 03:13:04 PM »
@cv:

So the same thing to you... saying that housing is slowing at this time of year is like saying water is wet.

iPhone sales jump after they release a new model.
I recommend:

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Your CPA Realtor
  • Thanks
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2018, 03:16:57 PM »

So your open house traffic is different from what your charts say about sales volume and inventory?

Interesting.

That's just from my own personal experience with my listings which represent a fraction of 1% of all Irvine listings.  The interesting thing is that it's been like that since 2014 for the most part and I'm listing prices within a similar price band.  It could just be that even though there are more buyers then are even more listings out on the market in July/Aug (peak of the inventory) that they don't go to all of the listings that fit their search parameters because there are more homes to pick from.  That's just a guess on my part.
Martin Mania, CPA
AgencyOne
CA CPA License # 107675
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Your CPA Realtor
  • Thanks
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2018, 03:20:01 PM »
I'll summarize what I see right now...we are cooling off a bit, more so in the higher end.  We are not going off a cliff and we are not melting down.  I've actually had 3 new buyers (referrals) contact me the past week to assist them in their home search.  I think the cool down can be a good thing where the market becomes more balances (aka less multiple offer situations). 
Martin Mania, CPA
AgencyOne
CA CPA License # 107675
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Offline Compressed-Village

• Thanks
  • -Given: 397
  • -Received: 354
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2018, 03:26:16 PM »
I'll summarize what I see right now...we are cooling off a bit, more so in the higher end.  We are not going off a cliff and we are not melting down.  I've actually had 3 new buyers (referrals) contact me the past week to assist them in their home search.  I think the cool down can be a good thing where the market becomes more balances (aka less multiple offer situations).

Dang it, I need it to crash now  :)  :)

Offline lnc

• Thanks
  • -Given: 582
  • -Received: 1076
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2018, 03:28:20 PM »
Here's chart for seasonal pattern of housing price changes.  Notice higher peak during summer month and bottom during winter month.  Year to year price changes are more accurate measurement of housing price trend.

Offline Kings

• Thanks
  • -Given: 355
  • -Received: 350
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2018, 03:31:41 PM »
the new iphone is always announced early september and the housing market slows down at the same time

coincidence?  i think not!

Offline lnc

• Thanks
  • -Given: 582
  • -Received: 1076
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2018, 03:41:07 PM »
The housing prices still up 6.2% nationally in June.

The S&P CoreLogic Case-Shiller U.S. National Home Price NSA Index, covering all nine U.S. census divisions, reported a 6.2% annual gain in June, down from 6.4% in the previous month. The 10-City Composite annual increase came in at 6.0%, down from 6.2% in the previous month. The 20-City Composite posted a 6.3% year-over-year gain, down from 6.5% in the previous month.

Las Vegas, Seattle and San Francisco continued to report the highest year-over-year gains among the 20 cities. In June, Las Vegas led the way with a 13.0% year-over-year price increase, followed by Seattle with a 12.8% increase and San Francisco with a 10.7% increase. Six of the 20 cities reported greater price increases in the year ending June 2018 versus the year ending May 2018.

Read more at https://www.calculatedriskblog.com/search?updated-max=2018-08-28T07:05:00-07:00&max-results=10#y2IhIIuxVPCIIvOv.99

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal