If you could change one thing in your home, what would it be?

For me, if I could change one thing, I'd swap out our large glass slider for folding panoramic doors. I am doubtful that our HOA would approve that, though.  :)

kbinteriordesign said:
the.irvine said:
Convert garage into a gaming room.

Game rooms are always fun! What would you put in it and where would your cars go? I'd put a shuffleboard table in!

nobody in irvine keeps their cars in the garage  ;)

Kings said:
kbinteriordesign said:
the.irvine said:

Game rooms are always fun! What would you put in it and where would your cars go? I'd put a shuffleboard table in!

That may be true, but I?d still like to have the garage to be bigger.  To store more junk of course

Easy. I want a mudroom / drop zone.  Need a place to drop sports crap, bookbags, keys, mail, hats, basically anything that just ends up cluttering our kitchen.

Kings said:
kbinteriordesign said:
the.irvine said:

Not true, some of us are car nuts and need larger garages.  I'd love to buy a 4-car garage in Irvine or Tustin Ranch but those homes are little bit above my budget. :D

bones said:
Easy. I want a mudroom / drop zone.  Need a place to drop sports crap, bookbags, keys, mail, hats, basically anything that just ends up cluttering our kitchen.

Yes! Those spaces are so handy! We have a drop zone at our garage entry near the kitchen. There can be a way to do that with your existing floor plan by utilizing things such as a console table, baskets and hooks.

USCTrojanCPA said:
Not true, some of us are car nuts and need larger garages.  I'd love to buy a 4-car garage in Irvine or Tustin Ranch but those homes are little bit above my budget. :D

I agree, we love our garage! We are big sports fans and had our epoxy floor done in black, white and grey for LA Kings colors. It also matches our cars! We are planning to put in grey or black cabinets with overhead storage, then hang up some of my husband's Kings memorabilia.

kbinteriordesign said:
bones said:

Yes! Those spaces are so handy! We have a drop zone at our garage entry near the kitchen. There can be a way to do that with your existing floor plan by utilizing things such as a console table, baskets and hooks.

Ya, even a small little nook would be helpful.  A lot of these newer homes though open right into the kitchen and doesn't allow space for even a console table.  Ideally though, I would want a small mudroom.

Kings said:
kbinteriordesign said:
the.irvine said:

Actually i've noticed a lot of FCBs do.  Their garages are completely empty.  Must be nice to start over with zero possessions in a new country versus 30 years of memories/garbage.

kbinteriordesign said:
For me, if I could change one thing, I'd swap out our large glass slider for folding panoramic doors. I am doubtful that our HOA would approve that, though.  :)

Why not? It's your backyard right? City of Irvine permitting says you can change out doors and windows as long as it's the same dimension as the current one, HOA permitting of course but usually HOAs usually don't check backyard stuff (hint hint).

bones said:
Kings said:
kbinteriordesign said:
the.irvine said:

Actually i've noticed a lot of FCBs do.  Their garages are completely empty.  Must be nice to start over with zero possessions in a new country versus 30 years of memories/garbage.

ToppRaxx helps. :)

irvinehomeowner said:
bones said:
Kings said:
kbinteriordesign said:
the.irvine said:

ToppRaxx helps. :)

We used Monkey Bar Storage and really like the system.

irvinehomeowner said:
kbinteriordesign said:

Why not? It's your backyard right? City of Irvine permitting says you can change out doors and windows as long as it's the same dimension as the current one, HOA permitting of course but usually HOAs usually don't check backyard stuff (hint hint).

Awesome! Thank you for the tip! I will look into that.

bones said:
Ya, even a small little nook would be helpful.  A lot of these newer homes though open right into the kitchen and doesn't allow space for even a console table.  Ideally though, I would want a small mudroom.

If you'd like to send me a photo of your space, I'd be happy to see if I can make some suggestions.

kbinteriordesign said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

I agree, we love our garage! We are big sports fans and had our epoxy floor done in black, white and grey for LA Kings colors. It also matches our cars! We are planning to put in grey or black cabinets with overhead storage, then hang up some of my husband's Kings memorabilia.

can i move in with you guys?

Back