Irvine Kid's Club - experience/thoughts/reviews?

HCM

Hi, my son will be starting kindergarten next week at Stonegate Elementary.  I enrolled him to participate in the Irvine Kid's Club at the Woodbury location (missed the deadline for CDC as we're new to the area and didn't even know there was such a program - bummer) and wanted to see if anyone has/had kids enrolled in the program at the Woodbury location or any other location.  Just wanted to get thoughts and opinions about it because this is something new to us having come from Los Angeles where this type of program is non-existent.

Any comments/insights would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks in advance.

I don't know anything about Irvine Kid's Club but if there is a waiting list for the CDC at Stonegate, you should get on it. It's more convenient and there is usually is fluctuation in enrollment that you may get lucky and get in.

From my experience, most kids' programs (including the onsite CDC/RainbowRising/etc) are similar, they have activities, homework time and snack time.

Figured out the official name of the program is Woodbury Park iPAC.  Today is my kid's first day there so hopefully it will turn out OK.  I dropped him off there today and there was one other K grade child from Stonegate.  There were several other kinders from Woodbury Elementary. 

Just an update to provide feedback on the IPAC program thus far.  My son attends this program 3 days a week and loves it so far.  He is picked up from school (he is on the Early Bird schedule) and taken to the Woodbury Community Park center where the kids can do activities, play games, and get outdoor play time.  I was hoping there would be some educational aspect for the program, e.g., homework assistance, but given that my kid is only in kinder, not a big deal.  He is getting what he needs from the program, i.e., safe, monitored environment where he can play and socialize with kids that are a variety of ages.  I would note that, he has brought home a few arts & crafts projects and he says there are plenty of supplies so that's a nice plus.  And, the other day he forgot to take his lunch box with him so they made him a little something so he wouldn't go hungry which was really sweet of them.  Highly recommended for those who are looking for a play-based after school program.  We will most likely look into CDC for next year since it's on campus but this has been a godsend so far. 

My kids used to go to Rainbow Rising and now go to the kids club. They like the kids club better because it's more fun. I like it better because it's more flexible. You only need to pay for the days that they need care.

Back