Landscapers

Hi Everyone!

I'm hoping one of y'all has a helpful suggestion for a landscaper as I have not yet had any luck.

We are looking to have our backyard done with some sod and low maintenance/drought tolerant plants, as well as a watering system. We are located in Portola Springs, so would prefer a company that has worked with Irvine HOAs in the past.

Have any of you worked with or know of a reputable landscaper in the area?

Thank you!

I'm going through the approvals process with my GP HOA right now and Sean at Savanna Scapes is helping me through it.

I had consultations with about 5 other companies and Sean was the most pleasant and had the most transparent process.

I will have to mention that I had a pretty good idea of what I wanted and just needed pricing, a plan, and the work done.
Some of the other consultations had more ideas/input/opinion than the consult with Savanna Scapes, but I already knew what I wanted.

irvineishomenow said:
I'm going through the approvals process with my GP HOA right now and Sean at Savanna Scapes is helping me through it.

I had consultations with about 5 other companies and Sean was the most pleasant and had the most transparent process.

I will have to mention that I had a pretty good idea of what I wanted and just needed pricing, a plan, and the work done.
Some of the other consultations had more ideas/input/opinion than the consult with Savanna Scapes, but I already knew what I wanted.

Thank you for the suggestion! I will check them out. I also have a pretty firm idea of what we'd like, so perhaps they'll be able to execute it!

Did they also provide the necessary paperwork for the HOA?

GP had a packet of forms that we had to fill out and get neighbor permissions, but Sean took care of the actual drawing up of the plans, and even went and submitted on our behalf.

We have interviewed a handful of landscapers.
You really need to have them itemize their charges with you (line item by line item).

That being said, I can recommend Sierra Landscape.https://www.facebook.com/pages/biz/landscaping/Sierra-Landscape-896362677200543/

They are reasonably priced AND licensed.

The licensing thing is really important when dealing with contractors and landscape people. https://www2.cslb.ca.gov/onlineservices/CheckLicenseII/checklicense.aspx

You wouldn't believe how many fly by night contractors and landscapers are out there...not to mention phony yelp/angielist, etc reviewed companies that are still banking dispute offering subpar service (or just straight running off with YO money)...

I need to redo my front and rear yard...front driveway pavers with turf & lighting in the front and then add a spa and convert to a salt water pool in the rear.

We used Swan Pool for our pool, spa, and landscaping in 2016. They were great. The landscaping part even came in the lowest out of 4 bids.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/swan-pools-lake-forest?uid=dlZ2B6Xcq4vr_SQiUQjYFA&utm_campaign=www_business_share_popup&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_source=(direct)

irvineishomenow said:
GP had a packet of forms that we had to fill out and get neighbor permissions, but Sean took care of the actual drawing up of the plans, and even went and submitted on our behalf.

Awesome! I will check them out, thank you!

I am also looking to do pavers for my backyard. Trying to get a good price and also debating between licensed and unlicensed ones (due to the lower price).  The square footage for pavers is 1100 and i am getting a quote of 10,000 to do the pavers for this from an  unlicensed contractor.  He has done good job for a few folks that I know. Any idea if I can get better price ?

Irvinehomeseeker said:
I am also looking to do pavers for my backyard. Trying to get a good price and also debating between licensed and unlicensed ones (due to the lower price).  The square footage for pavers is 1100 and i am getting a quote of 10,000 to do the pavers for this from an  unlicensed contractor.  He has done good job for a few folks that I know. Any idea if I can get better price ?

We paid $10 per sq ft and that was in 2012, so pricing seems good.

Back