Hollister & Miniso at Spectrum

momopi

For those who like American Eagle Outfitter stretchy jeans, Hollister sells basically the same jeans for $25 online or in-store right now.  Bigger selection online but you should always visit the store and try out the fit -- same price in store anyway.  $10 off if you sign up with e-mail in store.

IMO for the same waist size, AE jeans are more loose fitting than Hollister.  I wear 34-36 waist and with Hollister 36W I don't need a belt, but with AE 36W I have to wear a belt (too loose) for "original straight" cut.

"Miniso" opened at Spectrum about a month ago, I went in to have a look today.  It gave an "upscale daiso" impression.  I just donno how they sell enough stuff to pay the rent.  The store was empty except 2 employees.

I felt the same about Miniso. And with that name, you would think it would be cheaper than Daiso. :)

Real men don't wear stretchy jeans... shame on you momopi.

irvinehomeowner said:
I felt the same about Miniso. And with that name, you would think it would be cheaper than Daiso. :)

I'm closer to 35W but most stores only carry 30-32-34-36W.  34W can be a little tight and 36W is loose, but 34W stretchy is often perfect fit.

I could mail order 35W jeans but wouldn't be able to try it first.

irvinehomeowner said:

That phrase reminds me of QWERTY, um, I meant Nacho...

2bce125cb1cb823ffcd0c50bf3ea3421.jpg

I was at Stonewood Center/Mall in Downey and saw a Miniso store there.  It was empty except for the staff.

I seriously don't know how they stay in business.  Dollar stores stay in business by selling a lot of cheap stuff with higher markups (vs Walmart/Target), but they at least have customers.

Back