The World?s Most Famous Michelin-Starred Dim Sum Comes to Orange County

Loco_local

https://la.eater.com/2018/8/2/17644024/tim-ho-wan-irvine-expansion-orange-county-dim-sum-michelin

Dim sum fanatics, get excited: Tim Ho Wan is coming to Irvine, California.

In fact, signage is already up at the new Orange County site. The green and yellow awning sits over the door of the former Capital Seafood location at the Diamond Jamboree plaza off Alton Parkway, which closed in May. That shopping center is somewhat famous in certain dining circles, acting as a hub for Asian-American restaurants and diners in Orange County.

This plaza's parking is going to suck...may just Uber there and back to save myself the headache if I ever want to try it.

Park across the street in the church parking lot and walk a short walk and enjoy The scenery at the same time saving yourself some frustration of looking for parking spot.

Now the secret has been revealed.

I'm always weary about these expansions.  DTF at SCP is only okay and doesn't taste nearly as good as the OG ones.

Ate at their Taipei location last year and was very disappointing Line was long and food was very mediocre.
Their online review in Asia is mostly 3 stars - 3.5 ( out of 5)
It's not worth trying if you have FOB Asian taste buds like me.

bones said:
I'm always weary about these expansions.  DTF at SCP is only okay and doesn't taste nearly as good as the OG ones.

I never liked DTF at SCP or in Arcadia. Mama Lu's in the 626 area is better, but I still like Yank Sing in SF, dim sum is meh there, we just go for dumplings then out.  Any good spots in the OC area now that we're talking about xiao long baos?

zubs said:
I was looking for michelin starred restaurants in the LA area.  While looking I realized that Michelin has not visited Los Angeles area yet.  Is this true?
It seems they've only gone to a few big cities in USA, the last one being Washington DC.
https://www.viamichelin.com/web/Restaurants/Restaurants-United_States

Michelin specifically dropped its Los Angeles guide in 2010, so you will only find restaurants that were rated at that time before they stopped. My wife and I made a tour of them before leaving the city back in '11, and it was really nice- if pricey.

Back