Irvine Company acting as Big Brother

Irvinecommuter

Some shopping malls in California are scanning license plates and sending that data to a surveillance vendor that works with -- and sells information to -- Immigrations and Customs Enforcement. That's according to a report by tech watchdog group Electronic Frontier Foundation, which discovered that a regional real estate company operating retail centers across the western state is feeding visitor information into a nationwide database that ICE reportedly gained access to at the beginning of this year.

The Irvine Company has installed automatic license plate readers (ALPRs) at "one or more" of its shopping malls in the city, according to its privacy policy, which notes that the information collected is sent to Vigilant Solutions. That's the company providing license plate recognition data to ICE, The Verge reported back in January. While The Irvine Company's retail locations are probably providing only a fraction of the 2 billion license plate photos in Vigilant Solutions' database, nobody was aware that their license plates -- and ergo, their behavior patterns and location information -- were being collected while shopping.
https://www.engadget.com/2018/07/10/california-mall-scan-license-plate-database-ice-/

irvinehomeowner said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Kings said:
we need sanctuary shopping centers!

With a Popeyes. 

I still think that place is overrated, the chicken at Ralphs or Albertsons is just as good.

Anyone remember Church's Fried Chicken?

I had Popeyes recently at their newly opened location in lake forest / Mission Viejo .  Was ok . Too much salt . Didn?t live up to the hype .

Still haven't been to that location, always a line at Santa Ana, Tuesday 2 piece deal can't be beat.  Where do you go for fried chicken?

fortune11 said:
irvinehomeowner said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Kings said:

With a Popeyes. 

I still think that place is overrated, the chicken at Ralphs or Albertsons is just as good.

I had Popeyes recently at their newly opened location in lake forest / Mission Viejo .  Was ok . Too much salt . Didn?t live up to the hype .

akkord said:
Still haven't been to that location, always a line at Santa Ana, Tuesday 2 piece deal can't be beat.  Where do you go for fried chicken?

fortune11 said:
irvinehomeowner said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Kings said:

With a Popeyes. 

There is a whole thread about fried chicken!

akkord said:

I actually had some of the best fried chicken at tender greens in spectrum . Key is grabbing it fresh after it is fried and not the ones sitting under the heat lamp for a while .

fortune11 said:
akkord said:

I actually had some of the best fried chicken at tender greens in spectrum . Key is grabbing it fresh after it is fried and not the ones sitting under the heat lamp for a while .

Korean fried chicken!  Interestingly enough, the fried chicken wing at Dada is awesome.

Irvinecommuter said:
Kings said:
da hawaiian kitchen has the best friend chicken

I am not befriending any chickens.

What about Chick fil a?

Anyways, so what does that mean? We are all being watched by TIC?
I thought Amazon was recording everything we say by Alexa and Apple probably is collecting all our information each time we update iOS. Also wasn't that alien guy had issues with privacy with his firm called, Facebook?

Mety said:
Irvinecommuter said:
Kings said:

What about Chick fil a?

I thought Amazon was recording everything we say by Alexa and Apple probably is collecting all our information each time we update iOS. Also wasn't that alien guy had issues with privacy with his firm called, Facebook?

I don't get chick-fil-a food...service is great but the chicken is sickenly sweet...uggh

Irvinecommuter said:
Mety said:
Irvinecommuter said:
Kings said:

What about Chick fil a?

I don't get chick-fil-a food...service is great but the chicken is sickenly sweet...uggh

If it's too sweet, dip into sour cream sauce, and it will balance it out for you.

Kings said:

How did I not know about this place? They just opened a Newport location... need to visit... too bad they only have thighs but I love Hawaiian food so I'll check it out.

See how they compare to Da Luau, Nalu's, L&L, Aloha etc.

Back