Author Topic: Elderberry should I a buy?  (Read 4811 times)

Offline akkord

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 76
Re: Elderberry should I a buy?
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2018, 01:40:03 PM »
If you're from the midwest, be ready for a incredibly small lot at Elderberry for the home.  There's an unknown developer with view lots hopefully in the near future with bigger lots for those with the view in the same area, probably priced higher, may be worth looking into if you like that area.  IMHO Elderberry lots are too small to be comfortable, no privacy.

Offline the.irvine

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 12
  • -Received: 25
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2018, 01:43:15 PM »
If you're from the midwest, be ready for a incredibly small lot at Elderberry for the home.  There's an unknown developer with view lots hopefully in the near future with bigger lots for those with the view in the same area, probably priced higher, may be worth looking into if you like that area.  IMHO Elderberry lots are too small to be comfortable, no privacy.

Avila at Eastwood, and several homes in CV have similar size lots.

Offline heverlee

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2
  • -Received: 1
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2018, 01:43:30 PM »
thanks
one thing we also noticed is that there is almost no traffic noise compared to many homes we see in cypress village, pavallion park etc. I think it is due to its remoteness and we are happy about this.

Indeed, we liked Richmond home at the beginning and wanted to buy there but figured EB in close proximity has a better value being SFH with drive way and larger space.

Offline heverlee

• Tourist
  • Thanks
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2018, 01:49:11 PM »

fully agree on that, my midwest home is 3600sqft single level inside. I feel embarrassed to tell friends the new home in Irvine sits on a lot of that size. ;-<

Given the huge price difference btw states, I have to give up the lot size while getting a home not significantly smaller inside. will try to use the community park as much as possible. For privacy, guess will try to plant more trees.

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline akkord

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Received: 76
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2018, 02:38:24 PM »
And I would never buy there either. 

Avila at Eastwood, and several homes in CV have similar size lots.

Offline paydawg

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 41
  • -Received: 91
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2018, 02:54:55 PM »
Don't buy any homes from either KB or Richmond American.  Their quality is crap. 
Thanks in advance for the 'thanks'!!

Offline Mety

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 150
  • -Received: 173
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2018, 03:21:39 PM »
Don't buy any homes from either KB or Richmond American.  Their quality is crap.

Who do you recommend?
Irvine Pacific? Brookfield? Lennar?

Offline Irvinecommuter

• Thanks
  • -Given: 585
  • -Received: 508
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2018, 04:02:18 PM »

Who do you recommend?

Honestly...they're all equally bad/good.  They all pretty much hire the same subs.  The real difference is the aftercare...which most builders do anyways because they don't want to get sued.

Offline Irvinecommuter

• Thanks
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2018, 04:03:00 PM »

fully agree on that, my midwest home is 3600sqft single level inside. I feel embarrassed to tell friends the new home in Irvine sits on a lot of that size. ;-<

Given the huge price difference btw states, I have to give up the lot size while getting a home not significantly smaller inside. will try to use the community park as much as possible. For privacy, guess will try to plant more trees.

Yes but unlike the Mid-West...you can actually go outside rather than being hunkered down in your house 9 months out of the year.

Offline heverlee

• Tourist
  • Thanks
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2018, 04:56:13 PM »

Yes but unlike the Mid-West...you can actually go outside rather than being hunkered down in your house 9 months out of the year.

this is true, that is why we decide to move here

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Your CPA Realtor
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2187
  • -Received: 1711
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2018, 06:32:22 PM »

Who do you recommend?

Honestly...they're all equally bad/good.  They all pretty much hire the same subs.  The real difference is the aftercare...which most builders do anyways because they don't want to get sued.

True, they all pretty much use the same subcontractors. All the builders are rushing to finish homes as soon as they can and there are a lot of fit/finish repair items that all builders are having to do before and after closing whether it be Toll, Shea, IrvinePac, KB, Brookfield, TriPoint, Lennar, etc.
Martin Mania, CPA
AgencyOne
CA BRE License # 01799007
CA CPA License # 107675
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Often imitated....Never duplicated!

Offline CAL

• Thanks
  • -Received: 0
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2018, 10:45:12 PM »
How would you rank which builder make the best homes?

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Your CPA Realtor
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2187
  • -Received: 1711
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2018, 11:34:23 PM »

From what I heard from my new home buyers, it all depends on the specific people that you deal with from the builder.  Some of my buyers had good experiences and bad experiences with the same builders.  I HIGHLY recommend that all new home buyers get a home inspection prior to closing on their home and request that the builder address/fix the issues in that inspection report as soon as possible.
Martin Mania, CPA
AgencyOne
CA BRE License # 01799007
CA CPA License # 107675
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Often imitated....Never duplicated!

Offline Irvinecommuter

• Thanks
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2018, 07:48:19 AM »

I don't really think there is a ranking...it really depends on the people who is working on the project.  If it is any consolation for the higher costs, buying later phases is better in that bad subs get kicked out.   Our cabinet sub was terrible and they got replaced about 2 phases later because of all the complaints.

Offline WTTCHMN

• Thanks
  • -Given: 15
  • -Received: 300

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Related Links

Recent Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal