Costco is cutting the Polish sausage from the menu

Went yesterday, they also cut Chocolate Soft Serve :(

I heard next is brisket bbq sandwich so if you're a fan of that, better grab it quickly. 

momopi said:
http://fortune.com/2018/07/07/costco-food-court-menu/

I didn't think the polish sausage was that popular.  In all the years I've only ordered it twice and have rarely seen others order it.

Agreed...I ordered one last week and it was just way too salty.  I also think that preparation was a concern..just having hot dog to prepare makes it easier for the staff.

I have to try the acai bowl...seems pretty popular from what I can see.  I like their new smoothie and coffee much better even though they cost more.  Saw the vege al pastor salad at one of the local Costcos (Tustin II...I think).  Love the kiosk ordering.

I do occasionally buy polish sausages at the market to chop up and stir fry with cabbage or bell peppers and onions.  It's just not something I would put in a hotdog bun or use in bangers and mash.

momopi said:
I do occasionally buy polish sausages at the market to chop up and stir fry with cabbage or bell peppers and onions.  It's just not something I would put in a hotdog bun or use in bangers and mash.

Same with chirozo...I use it occasionally for dishes and burritos. 

I'm a pretty plain person when it comes to meat products.  Stick with salt and pepper (and a little garlic) on steaks and brisket/pork belly at Korean BBQ places.  No marinated stuff.

I won't miss the Polish dog because it's not so tasty, but the hot dog is delicious. I miss the Balboa bar with the peanuts on the chocolate they used to offer though.

fumbling said:
I won't miss the Polish dog because it's not so tasty, but the hot dog is delicious. I miss the Balboa bar with the peanuts on the chocolate they used to offer though.

Yeah but apparently that was a huge time waster for the staff.

I've tried both hotdog and pizza at Sam's club.  Will not repeat.  Their pizza gave off this sad depressing vibe as if the world turned grey and all the vibrant colors were erased.

momopi said:
I've tried both hotdog and pizza at Sam's club.  Will not repeat.  Their pizza gave off this sad depressing vibe as if the world turned grey and all the vibrant colors were erased.

That seems like universal for all Walmart products/services.

momopi said:

Sol Price, founder of Costco/Price Club, was a mentor to Sam Walton back in the 1950s. Sam Walton said Sol Price was the single biggest influence in Walmart's success. Walton also said Walmart was modeled after and named after Sol Price's Fedmart.

Price was a retail evangelist who preached the gospel of limited selection, bulk sizes, and low prices to all who would listen, even to competitors like Walmart who made even more money than he did using his theories.

Happiness said:
momopi said:

Sol Price, founder of Costco/Price Club, was a mentor to Sam Walton back in the 1950s. Sam Walton said Sol Price was the single biggest influence in Walmart's success. Walton also said Walmart was modeled after and named after Sol Price's Fedmart.

Price was a retail evangelist who preached the gospel of limited selection, bulk sizes, and low prices to all who would listen, even to competitors like Walmart who made even more money than he did using his theories.

I am not sure that model works as much as more in this world of globalization and in areas of better means.  Costco started as a bulk rate warehouse place but what took it over Sam's Club is the far superior quality. 

Maybe this is a cost cutting measure. I noticed lines to purchase items at cost don?t have a dedicated person to help the cashier. I see 1 person that helps put two cashiers. They will start to email coupon offers. They replaced the cheap fruit smoothie with one that cost a lot more more.

(My examples may differ from different Costco locations)

From experience, the chance of buying stuff from Costco that turned out to be lemons is fairly low.  Their buyers do their due diligence.

I made the mistake of buying 3 olla watering jars from Sams Club.  Let's just say they don't hold water.

eyephone said:
Maybe this is a cost cutting measure. I noticed lines to purchase items at cost don?t have a dedicated person to help the cashier. I see 1 person that helps put two cashiers. They will start to email coupon offers. They replaced the cheap fruit smoothie with one that cost a lot more more.

(My examples may differ from different Costco locations)

I think that they are moving toward more "upscale" menu...veg al pastor salad and improved smoothies/coffee.  I for one welcome the change because I would like some adult choices beyond pizza, chicken bake, and hot dogs.

Back