Author Topic: Tarriffs/Trade War  (Read 4694 times)

Offline eyephone

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 287
  • -Received: 554
Re: Tarriffs/Trade War
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2018, 12:31:38 PM »
6 more years to make good on that one.

Please tell the truth. Trump requested money from US congress to build the wall. Which means US taxpayers will pay for it. Trump said he will send Mexico the invoice for the wall not US taxpayers.

Offline fortune11

• Thanks
  • -Given: 161
  • -Received: 192
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2018, 12:46:19 PM »
I see

The moratorium on not talking about trump got suddenly lifted

What exactly is this new deal - has anyone even read it —   Or all this pent up desire to post is gushing out now ?

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2018, 01:05:32 PM »
I see

What exactly is this new deal - has anyone even read it —   Or all this pent up desire to post is gushing out now ?

He brought it up. So I responded. I haven’t seen it.

Who knows it maybe to distract people to talk about McCain?

Offline fortune11

• Thanks
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2018, 01:21:38 PM »
I see

I know bud , my comment was directed more at the MAGA crowd that are out in full force today since the “trump markets” are up . But look at Mexican peso - it is up today while dollar is down - so guess who won?  :) 
I know it is not as simple as that , but waiting to see if the rah rah crowd can explain it to us since they go into hiding whenever markets are down or trump is going through a bad news cycle .

Offline Kings

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 179
  • -Received: 195
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2018, 01:40:34 PM »
I see

I know bud , my comment was directed more at the MAGA crowd that are out in full force today since the “trump markets” are up . But look at Mexican peso - it is up today while dollar is down - so guess who won?  :) 
I know it is not as simple as that , but waiting to see if the rah rah crowd can explain it to us since they go into hiding whenever markets are down or trump is going through a bad news cycle .

time to go long gold, my friend

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2018, 01:58:39 PM »
I see

What’s your thoughts on phone gate? Trump was suppose to talk to Mexican President in front of the press and the White House didn’t or couldn’t transfer the call.

Offline fortune11

• Thanks
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2018, 03:04:28 PM »
I see

What’s your thoughts on phone gate? Trump was suppose to talk to Mexican President in front of the press and the White House didn’t or couldn’t transfer the call.

I didn’t follow that exactly but remember when people here were jumping up and down on North Korea and wanted trump to get the nobel peace price ?

Well , let’s see how long this “high five “ moment lasts
We might see another Groundhog Day

Offline Compressed-Village

• Thanks
  • -Given: 216
  • -Received: 157
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2018, 10:31:55 PM »
I see

I didn’t follow that exactly but remember when people here were jumping up and down on North Korea and wanted trump to get the nobel peace price ?

Well , let’s see how long this “high five “ moment lasts
We might see another Groundhog Day

You kept good records of Trump.  :).

Offline fortune11

• Thanks
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2018, 06:14:50 AM »
I see

Eyephone — This is a good read on this “phone gate”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/hellooo--hellooo-an-awkward-phone-call-becomes-part-of-the-trump-spectacle/2018/08/27/9e698d1a-aa16-11e8-8a0c-70b618c98d3c_story.html?wpisrc=nl_headlines&wpmm=1&noredirect=on

Offline Kings

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 179
  • -Received: 195
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2018, 10:16:00 AM »
I see

Eyephone — This is a good read on this “phone gate”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/hellooo--hellooo-an-awkward-phone-call-becomes-part-of-the-trump-spectacle/2018/08/27/9e698d1a-aa16-11e8-8a0c-70b618c98d3c_story.html?wpisrc=nl_headlines&wpmm=1&noredirect=on

watched this live - everyone has technical difficulties sometimes.  lasted about a minute.  just goes to show that everything trump does is news.

Offline Liar Loan

• Thanks
  • -Given: 475
  • -Received: 310
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2018, 12:49:19 PM »
Are they going to pay for the Wall like he promised while campaigning?

The economic benefits from the US/Mexico trade pact cover the full cost of the wall.  Thank you Mexico!

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline fortune11

• Thanks
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2018, 01:27:24 PM »

Are they going to pay for the Wall like he promised while campaigning?

Mexico will definitely pay for the walls that are quickly closing in on Trump :)

Online morekaos

• Thanks
  • -Given: 242
  • -Received: 257
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2018, 01:36:30 PM »

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2018, 01:42:41 PM »
Winning is around $5 billion stimulus to farmers?

Winning!

Trump: Trade deal with Canada 'on track' for Friday

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-trade-deal-with-canada-on-track-for-friday

US-Mexico trade deal could allow Trump to put more pressure on China - TDS

https://www.fxstreet.com/news/us-mexico-trade-deal-could-allow-trump-to-put-more-pressure-on-china-tds-201808271951

Offline fortune11

• Thanks
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2018, 06:16:00 PM »
Trump supporters still have no idea what actually was signed

They just want to claim a “deal” and high five so their brains can continue on the happy MAGA journey unfettered by reality — you know posting in 25 size font in purple is really therapeutic  :)

But no one can still explain why Mexico is so eager to jump on and sign this deal (Hint: it is good for them) . I will explain in detail  once any of these economic experts here write a few lines of original thought rather than copying and pasting headlines .

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Related Links

Recent Posts