Orange County cities propose homeless shelter sites to Judge Carter

Supervisor Do proposed a plan to build 2700 units at a cost of $930,000,000!! That?s $344,444/unit!! Does it really cost that much or will the they be using contractors that donated to the supervisor?s campaign?

Remember, part of that per unit expense is land, not lumber or labor.

Speaking of land, I was on 1st Street and the 5 where there is plenty of land next to the Santa Ana  Zoo. That parcel used to be a motel so overrun by addicts, hobo's, and streetwalkers that the City of Santa Ana condemned the building and had it flattened. There is a "mirror image" building across the street also in dire need of condemnation.

Time to repurpose that lot again (perhaps the other one as well...) and put up some of these condos for the less fortunate. Seems like a reasonable use for what is now about 2 acres plus of raw land.

My .02c

Soylent Green Is People said:
Remember, part of that per unit expense is land, not lumber or labor.

Speaking of land, I was on 1st Street and the 5 where there is plenty of land next to the Santa Ana  Zoo. That parcel used to be a motel so overrun by addicts, hobo's, and streetwalkers that the City of Santa Ana condemned the building and had it flattened. There is a "mirror image" building across the street also in dire need of condemnation.

Time to repurpose that lot again (perhaps the other one as well...) and put up some of these condos for the less fortunate. Seems like a reasonable use for what is now about 2 acres plus of raw land.

My .02c

These are viable and buildable. Why isn?t the county supervisors don?t see same things we do? Hmmmm. What is the motivations for them?

Back