Suggestion for someone to do black out Fixturing/Curtains on Bedroom?

I'm looking for a contractor to help black out a room at night for sleeping.  Its not a matter of just putting a pole with blackout curtains - that leads to a lot of light bleeding through the edges.  I think it likely needs custom fixturing setup so that all light is blocked, but can still be easily opened up during the day.

Any recommendations on which contractor might experience with this? 

A handyman or you can just DIY. Just have to get the right supplies

Instead of using grommets, get pleated curtains and hang higher than the window so light doesn?t come in from the top. Also overhang the curtains on the sides and add an ?eye? under the rod and a hook on the curtain to close off the side.

noMoneyBackin2011 said:
DIY is def out of the picture - I do a lot of other things myself to derive that sense of satisfaction.  No way I even want to do this.

Try homeadvisor.com. They have a full range of trades and handy man service.

noMoneyBackin2011 said:
I'm looking for a contractor to help black out a room at night for sleeping.  Its not a matter of just putting a pole with blackout curtains - that leads to a lot of light bleeding through the edges.  I think it likely needs custom fixturing setup so that all light is blocked, but can still be easily opened up during the day.

Any recommendations on which contractor might experience with this?

Who did you end up using?

Back