2018 US News & World Report Best High Schools

A bunch of mumbo jumbo about disadvantage and make it seem like a rigorous processthen step 4, AP and IB test scores.

Because you know just using the test scores would be too obvious.

Very Bay area heavy, which makes sense given the disproportionate share of the economic activity in the state being up here. Pleased to see my kid's HS in the top 40, a big factor in the 30% YoY appreciation we're seeing in my zip code. I wish these lists would exclude all the weird charter schools that offer none of the traditional high school experience.

Segerstrom in Santa Ana scores above Woodbridge? Who knew? LOL!

Look who scores at the top of the national rankings! Charter schools in AZ. The state with one of the worst pay for teachers and low end of student funding and way cheaper houses. But they don't have the weather we do.

Maybe I shouldn't be surprised. They have a publicly funded charter school system in AZ (not all public schools are charter) from TK to High school. My grandson attends one that just opened up this year. In first grade all kids take classes in Mandarin, Taekwando, music, art, engineering (yup they call it that, not math or science), computers, and PE among regular classes and they have a class that ties in every subject together which they feel makes the learning stick better........... all part of the publicly funded school program and no mello.

My oldest moved to AZ because Irvine was way too expensive. Kept their salaries from here. Guess they were the smart ones.

Back