House cleaning with young children in the house

How do you keep up with the house cleaning when you elementary age kids in the house?

• Everyone has a chore list

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chore lists and one person does bulk of cleaning daily with kids in school

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Maid Service

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Periodic panicked cleaning when company coming

• LOL, fail, just fail

• Chore lists and maid service

• other

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

nosuchreality

Pretty simple question, actually mostly curious how many with younger children (single digits) are keeping up with the house cleaning.

I suppose I should have added the option for one of us has the cleaning gene and just 'tidy up' every time their on their feet.

Solid advice Bones, and that clutter thing definitely is a hamstringer turning any cleaning task into 2 or 3 cleaning tasks.  That's a sore point with me.  Too many cleaning experts recommending solutions of turning cabinets and drawers into origami projects to give places a home which makes the tasks 5 cleaning tasks, IMO, instead of getting rid of the stuff.  Gotta get rid of stuff. :)

nosuchreality said:
Solid advice Bones, and that clutter thing definitely is a hamstringer turning any cleaning task into 2 or 3 cleaning tasks.  That's a sore point with me.  Too many cleaning experts recommending solutions of turning cabinets and drawers into origami projects to give places a home which makes the tasks 5 cleaning tasks, IMO, instead of getting rid of the stuff.  Gotta get rid of stuff. :)

Declutter is really the key. It makes the 1,3 and 4 easy. We practice the one thing in, one thing out approach.  We are also paperless and toss out anything useless (product boxes, instruction manuals, ?just in case I need it once in 5 years? items, etc.).

Back