What have YOU done for the community lately?

StarmanMBA

After seventy-eight views on what I think is an important subject, viz., child safety, there was only one "Thank You" and no additional comments from anyone else.  So I stated as much.  Well what do you know.  Here comes everyone adding to it this morning.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Which brings me to an important observation.  We all know what to do for the benefit of our community.  When is the last time YOU made a contribution?

We pick  up litter on our daily walks, and often people will smile and say "thank you" as they pass by going in the opposite direction.  Motorists may give us a thumbs up.
But how rare it is to see others picking up litter,  or obstacles in the road, such as nails, screws, big rocks, glass or other debris.

We all know that public contrivances are supposed to be maintained and cleaned.  Street lights should go on around dark, and turn off around dawn.

When is the last time YOU reported street lights burning in daylight to SCE or the City of Irvine?    When is the last time YOU reported something broken, or an overflowing trash can to City of Irvine, or an electrical hazard which might electrocute a small child?

Have you men ever pushed a stalled car off the freeway with your own automobile, to open up traffic, and possibly prevent a collision?  It's incredibly easy to do.

Have you men ever stopped to change out a flat tire for a lady alongside the freeway?  It's a snap and very rewarding. If some decent man had done this for Denise Huber on the 73 Freeway, she would be alive today.

Would you want a decent man to help your wife or daughter if she had car problems and was stranded?  Don't expect anyone to help your loved one if you can't do likewise.
I have wonderful memories of helping many ladies along the way.  Can't remember a single one of their names, but one poor black lady offered me money for changing her flat tire on northbound I-5 years ago. She was about to crumple her old station wagon's left rear quarter panel with a bumper jack when I stopped and ordered her back in her car in the rain.
When she offered me money, I put my cheek out and said, "Just give me a kiss."  And she did.

Just another damn "racist" Republican, stopping when all the Democrats passed her by.

Give and it shall be given unto you, good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over.  For with the same measure ye mete out, it shall be measured unto you.

zubs said:
You should be happy I even take the time to read the drivel coming out of your ass.

I am honored, truly.  Step closer and inhale deeply, oh great and wise one.
For you, it is a breath of fresh air.

Can?t we all just get along

Peace in the Middle East

Be cool, stay in school

TI used to be about village wars...

When did you post that Child Safety thread? I didn?t have time to respond until this morning.

Most TI activity is during the weekday. I spent most of last weekend in line for Infinity War. I even held a spot for the lady behind me who asked me to... and then she never came back!! That?s the last time I do something for the community!!

I consider it being nice, but I think I read on this forum that I was practicing improper etiquette. When traffic is backed up on Culver and Jeffrey, I allow room between my car and the car in front of me so people can turn in and out of shopping centers. Do I get a medal?

Not really religious, but seem to recall something from Matthew 6:5 about exhibitionist prayers and hypocrisy.  I suppose that also applies to FB likes, talkirvine thanks, and so on.

Volunteering and doing good work is its own reward.  But pragmatically the added benefit of resume building is also used by charities and hospitals to entice volunteers.  I've been in and out of City of Hope and Methodist Hospital (Arcadia) a lot recently due to a friend with cancer.  High school kids with volunteer badges man the front desk for visitors.

If you like to cook, consider volunteering for Project Angel Food in LA.

If you like to cook, and want someplace to volunteer in OC try these folks:

http://www.someonecareskitchen.org/

19th Street, Westside Costa Mesa, near the DMV.

9:00 AM to Noon is recommended. Tuesday - Thursday are their lower volunteer cycles so stop by midweek if you'd like during those times.

qwerty said:
Hey StarmanMBA - go fuck yourself :)? ?

Go take your preaching elsewhere.

[Thank you:  Burn That Belly, id_rather_be_racing, misme, eyephone, fortune11]

Very classy, mature, wise.  Birds of a feather.....

Spoken like a punk who is divorced or soon will be.  Pity his wife, or ex-wife.
Do you think someone as childish and self-centered as qwerty ever stops to help someone else?  Not a chance.

"I crap bigger than you." - Curly in City Slickers

StarmanMBA said:
qwerty said:

Do you think someone as childish and self-centered as qwerty ever stops to help someone else?  Not a chance.

What are you talking about?
Don?t drag me into your conversation.

eyephone said:
StarmanMBA said:
qwerty said:

You slimed  right in all by yourself, cowboy.  I didn't click your "Thank you" button to qwerty's hateful profanity.
You did that.

StarmanMBA said:
eyephone said:
StarmanMBA said:
qwerty said:

You slimed  right in all by yourself, cowboy.  I didn't click your "Thank you" button to qwerty's hateful profanity.
You did that.

seriously?  all this mud-slinging on a "Parenting" forum?  LOL

Back