How to Avoid Amazon Prime's Price Increase

WTTCHMN said:

The tip I didn't see listed is "Cancel Prime".  This is the only way to guarantee you won't be subject to any price increases.

If you need free shipping, purchase at least $25 worth of stuff at a time.  If you need movies/shows to watch, there are other much better deals (Netflix/Hulu/Redbox).

Prime is really just a way to lock people in to overpaying for items.  Ebay has better deals on almost everything, even with shipping costs factored in.

There are also brick-and-mortars like Target/Walmart that have prices competitive with Amazon, and that's without paying $120 per year for the privilege of shopping there.

I agree with you on eBay.

Liar Loan said:
WTTCHMN said:

The tip I didn't see listed is "Cancel Prime".  This is the only way to guarantee you won't be subject to any price increases.

If you need free shipping, purchase at least $25 worth of stuff at a time.  If you need movies/shows to watch, there are other much better deals (Netflix/Hulu/Redbox).

Prime is really just a way to lock people in to overpaying for items.  Ebay has better deals on almost everything, even with shipping costs factored in.

There are also brick-and-mortars like Target/Walmart that have prices competitive with Amazon, and that's without paying $120 per year for the privilege of shopping there.

I'm a current member. 99% I'm canceling it before it takes effect. I thought I could buy batteries (and other things) from amazon, but I'm tired of sifting through counterfeits.

Back