Author Topic: How to Avoid Amazon Prime's Price Increase  (Read 812 times)

Offline WTTCHMN

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 15
  • -Received: 283

Offline Liar Loan

• Thanks
  • -Given: 488
  • -Received: 316
Re: How to Avoid Amazon Prime's Price Increase
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 10:09:14 AM »
https://www.dansdeals.com/shopping-deals/amazon/amazon-prime-going-99-119-per-year-heres-can-lock-99-rate-future-years/

The tip I didn't see listed is "Cancel Prime".  This is the only way to guarantee you won't be subject to any price increases.

If you need free shipping, purchase at least $25 worth of stuff at a time.  If you need movies/shows to watch, there are other much better deals (Netflix/Hulu/Redbox).

Prime is really just a way to lock people in to overpaying for items.  Ebay has better deals on almost everything, even with shipping costs factored in.

There are also brick-and-mortars like Target/Walmart that have prices competitive with Amazon, and that's without paying $120 per year for the privilege of shopping there.
eyephone:  Your the snowflake lil bitch. Making up fake stories.

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
  • -Given: 299
  • -Received: 559
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 10:26:06 AM »
I agree with you on eBay.

https://www.dansdeals.com/shopping-deals/amazon/amazon-prime-going-99-119-per-year-heres-can-lock-99-rate-future-years/

The tip I didn't see listed is "Cancel Prime".  This is the only way to guarantee you won't be subject to any price increases.

If you need free shipping, purchase at least $25 worth of stuff at a time.  If you need movies/shows to watch, there are other much better deals (Netflix/Hulu/Redbox).

Prime is really just a way to lock people in to overpaying for items.  Ebay has better deals on almost everything, even with shipping costs factored in.

There are also brick-and-mortars like Target/Walmart that have prices competitive with Amazon, and that's without paying $120 per year for the privilege of shopping there.

Offline LosOlivosDweller

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 0
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2018, 11:15:05 AM »
I'm a current member. 99% I'm canceling it before it takes effect. I thought I could buy batteries (and other things) from amazon, but I'm tired of sifting through counterfeits.

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Related Links

Recent Posts

Re: The Investigation by morekaos
[Yesterday at 09:20:53 PM]

Re: KB Home Genoa at OH by talkirvine
[Yesterday at 09:05:54 PM]

Re: KB Home Genoa at OH by qwerty
[Yesterday at 07:04:26 PM]