Author Topic: Selfish, Hateful NIMBYs  (Read 4641 times)

Offline Kings

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 200
  • -Received: 205
Re: Selfish, Hateful NIMBYs
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2018, 10:43:58 AM »
we have NIMBY, we have YIMBY....when will we get MIMBY? #maybeinmybackyard

Offline acpme

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 18
  • -Received: 25
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2018, 10:45:57 AM »
In Irvine we should start IWIHBY -- I wish I had a back yard.

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline Burn That Belly

• Thanks
  • -Given: 73
  • -Received: 199
  • Crank that ROI to the max
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2018, 10:54:28 AM »
x
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 03:50:28 PM by Burn That Belly »
Member of the 'A' Team. Team Appreciation.

Offline fortune11

• Thanks
  • -Given: 173
  • -Received: 206
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2018, 11:24:36 AM »
@ star ... Man .. are you loud .. must be all that bottled up anger bursting out

Anyway now that you’ve earned your street cred with your resident MAGA tribe on this forum , you can rest easy a bit :)

And I will readily admit that I was mistaken in assuming you were a financial advisor from all that chest thumping about your portfolio

But You may be mistaken as well in assuming that everyone who disagrees w you is to be despised . Nimbys and yimbys are on both sides of the political divide .

Offline acpme

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 18
  • -Received: 25
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2018, 02:04:15 PM »
That's right. YIMBYs can be left-leaning working class that simply want more development because at some point a saturation of housing will put pressure on prices. YIMBYs can also be right-leaning developers who simply want to be able to build.

Offline StarmanMBA

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 41
  • -Received: 8
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2018, 03:51:29 PM »
@ star ... Man .. are you loud .. must be all that bottled up anger bursting out

Speaking my opinion is "loud" to you simply because you don't  like what I have to say.  Whether I disagree with you or not, I won't bring up nonsense arguments like "you're loud" or "bottled up anger bursting out."  I'm not angry.  I'm resentful of the destruction being wrought by selfish NIMBYs, which evidently includes you.  Excuses flood over the transom, along with red herrings and distractions galore. In the end, it's about property rights, and your attempts to subvert them with gang mentality and exaggeration and in the LOUDEST manner possible, at every city council meeting discussing the subject.

And I will readily admit that I was mistaken in assuming you were a financial advisor from all that chest thumping about your portfolio

That was the LEAST of your many mistakes.  And the word is "adviser."

You or one of your pals threw down, trivializing my MBA, and I responded with something that you never expected, all true.  It must smart to be hoist with your own petard.

But You may be mistaken as well in assuming that everyone who disagrees w you is to be despised . Nimbys and yimbys are on both sides of the political divide .

"Despised" is YOUR word, just like you misuse other words and phrases.  Try to get your story straight, will you?  It's very hard for the left and NIMBYs to do.  I know.  I've spent decades battling both categories.

"Despised" applies to the antics and words of Hillary's cadre, like Antifa(da) for instance, and like those who demand that "greedy developers" kowtow to them.

I deeply resent liars, and NIMBYs lie through their teeth all the time, just as Leftists do.
Both think that as long as they are good and true, they can say and do as they please to further their *noble* cause. 
qwerty:  Hey StarmanMBA, go fuck yourself.
(Thank you:  Burn That Belly, id_rather_be_racing, misme, eyephone, fortune11)

Classy bunch.

"...expos'd the fool and lash'd the knave." - Jonathan Swift

Offline fortune11

• Thanks
« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2018, 04:14:59 PM »
@star

Looks like you believe your own bs

Well then .. Keep battling on this Forum ... you are in good company w stamina to keep posting whatever fantasy wars you are fighting .

Just try to be a bit more creative (so we can at least be amused a little bit) than just regurgitating the same tired talking points all the time . Hope you will learn a little bit from others. Good luck :)

Offline StarmanMBA

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 41
  • -Received: 8
« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2018, 08:41:49 PM »
@star

Looks like you believe your own bs

Such as...

Well then .. Keep battling on this Forum ... you are in good company w stamina to keep posting whatever fantasy wars you are fighting .

Indeed, I am fighting fantasy wars, while YOU are promulgating wisdom, truth, integrity, and all things holy.  You speak like a *progressive* (sic).

Just try to be a bit more creative (so we can at least be amused a little bit) than just regurgitating the same tired talking points all the time . Hope you will learn a little bit from others. Good luck :)

1.  Why don't you start teaching me something - anything.  Give it a try. 
2.  What "tired talking points"?  Why can't you be specific, instead of simply tossing out smartass insults, which are meaningless and petty - uncreative, to use your own jargon.
3.  What mean "we," Tonto?  You think that you can intimidate me by pretending that you represent the majority?   Not very "creative" of you, fortune11.  I can stand alone, and do, often.   You should try it some time, instead of invoking your juvenile "we" business.
qwerty:  Hey StarmanMBA, go fuck yourself.
(Thank you:  Burn That Belly, id_rather_be_racing, misme, eyephone, fortune11)

Classy bunch.

"...expos'd the fool and lash'd the knave." - Jonathan Swift

Offline fortune11

• Thanks
« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2018, 08:50:19 PM »
No mighty star lord no one can intimidate you

And I will say you are providing a lot of entertainment by making a fool of yourself so keep at it ... even if majority of posters on this board were not left leaning or centrist before , by the time you are done , they will be :)

Offline zovall

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 414
  • -Received: 144
« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2018, 09:15:14 PM »
Live in Irvine again but work in LA. This is after spending about the last 10 years in Manhattan.

Welcome back acpme!!

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2046
  • -Received: 3502
  • 3CWG
« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2018, 08:51:05 AM »
In Irvine we should start IWIHBY -- I wish I had a back yard.

Some people like it that way.

DNMBY - Don't Need My Back Yard*

Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Related Links

Recent Posts