Building in Irvine: Too Fast and I?m Furious

IMO it seems like this has a lot to do with people being against a cemetery near the freeway than truly being against Irvine?s growth.

I'm really happy that the economy is growing and building more will help. Irvine would not be the same without new homes. A growing Irvine is good for jobs and good for business. Yeah, there's a commute, but guess what, it's nothing compared to what people from other cities have to deal with coming into Irvine.

If you think about it, traffic could even get worse if jobs continue to grow and people have to drive in from neighboring cities. Unless you want to slow business growth and hate jobs for whatever reason.

Burn That Belly said:
I have zero traffic...

This has to be alternative news. I've driven up both Culver and Jeffrey after 5pm and they are crowded like crazy. It's a good thing Irvine had the forethought to build those train bridges or it could have been way worse.

irvinehomeowner said:
Burn That Belly said:
I have zero traffic...

This has to be alternative news. I've driven up both Culver and Jeffrey after 5pm and they are crowded like crazy. It's a good thing Irvine had the forethought to build those train bridges or it could have been way worse.

I think we forget what real traffic looks like when we drive in Irvine.

Irvine traffic: The lights weren't all green!?!?!?
Real city traffic: It look me 3+ light cycles to get through one intersection!

I haven't heard of any serious efforts at traffic mitigation in Irvine. The city has been approving endless blocks of homes and all they do is form committees to talk about traffic light coordination. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know when you drop 10,000 homes in the GP and now 2,000 more county homes, Sand Canyon will get clogged. Developers have been buying off Irvine politicians for years. Their interest do no align with those of residents unless it has to do with selling more homes. It is time for change and let the people have their say.

Burn That Belly said:
That's because you probably haven't understood the pattern correctly and/or you're not driving the right car or you need to attend ///M driving school.  ;D

Starting at Walnut going up on Jeffrey, you want to stay in the center lane then just pass the overpass, you want to quickly move to the right foremost lane. Why? Because it's gridlock on the left lanes for folks trying to left on Roosevelt and into Cypress Village Plaza. Staying right at this point doesn't slow you down, because there is a designated right lane for the other folks who want to right turn on Roosevelt and go see their preggo lady mistresses.

After you pass CV shopping center but before Trabuco, this is the time to assess who are the slow and fast cars/drivers. Watch out for folks squeezing in from the right turn lane back onto Jeffrey just before Trabuco. There are folks trying to beat you, but for the most part, I purposely box them in since I have the right of way and you can't outgun my pushrod. Don't let these folks in front of you as they will slow you down! Honk them like hell!  Passing Trabuco, you can maneuver on Jeffrey's 3 lane road heading towards Woodbury. Usually the right lane is still faster because folks are now left-turning into Northwood on hideaway and for some odd reason, the mommy-vans like to stay in the middle.

Just before Bryan, you'll need to quickly move back to the center lane as folks are now right turning into Woodbury. Luckily there is a widened gap on the right turn lane so you can still squeeze by cars. After Bryan, it's pretty much home free all the way to Portola Parkway. You can now easily outmaneuver most of the cars here and just PUNCH IT to 80+MPH.

Once you pass Irvine Blvd., you can now GUN it at 90MPH towards Portola Parkway.  ;D Most of the cars passing Irvine Blvd. at this point are BMW 5/7/X5 series, Lexus GS/LS, tons of Model S, all gunning it. It's like NASCAR at this point.

Great Detail! I do the exact same thing.

Sand Canyon is a mess in the morning to get on the I-5 South so I use the 133 instead. For whatever reason Sand Canyon loses a lane right before the I-5 North intersection and there are then two left lanes to Marine Way. Sand Canyon needs two lanes that go through all the way to the I-5 South. Ideally, both sides of sand canyon should have loops to get on the free way so that there are no left turns from sand canyon to the I-5.

Just the fact you had to write a wall of text on how to avoid traffic just proved my point.

Driving like that is how you get someone to follow you to a guard gate. :)

#We?llAlwaysHaveParis

If you don't like traffic  make sure you vote NO on Measure D. Don't let the mayor take away your right to have a say on future Irvine development.

Burn That Belly said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Burn That Belly said:
I have zero traffic...

That's because you probably haven't understood the pattern correctly and/or you're not driving the right car or you need to attend ///M driving school.  ;D

Starting at Walnut going up on Jeffrey, you want to stay in the center lane then just pass the overpass, you want to quickly move to the right foremost lane. Why? Because it's gridlock on the left lanes for folks trying to left on Roosevelt and into Cypress Village Plaza. Staying right at this point doesn't slow you down, because there is a designated right lane for the other folks who want to right turn on Roosevelt and go see their preggo lady mistresses.

After you pass CV shopping center but before Trabuco, this is the time to assess who are the slow and fast cars/drivers. Watch out for folks squeezing in from the right turn lane back onto Jeffrey just before Trabuco. There are folks trying to beat you, but for the most part, I purposely box them in since I have the right of way and you can't outgun my pushrod. Don't let these folks in front of you as they will slow you down! Honk them like hell!  Passing Trabuco, you can maneuver on Jeffrey's 3 lane road heading towards Woodbury. Usually the right lane is still faster because folks are now left-turning into Northwood on hideaway and for some odd reason, the mommy-vans like to stay in the middle.

Just before Bryan, you'll need to quickly move back to the center lane as folks are now right turning into Woodbury. Luckily there is a widened gap on the right turn lane so you can still squeeze by cars. After Bryan, it's pretty much home free all the way to Portola Parkway. You can now easily outmaneuver most of the cars here and just PUNCH IT to 80+MPH.

Once you pass Irvine Blvd., you can now GUN it at 90MPH towards Portola Parkway.  ;D Most of the cars passing Irvine Blvd. at this point are BMW 5/7/X5 series, Lexus GS/LS, tons of Model S, all gunning it. It's like NASCAR at this point.

I hope your pushrod has decent (brembo) brakes too .  Honking or not, there will be drivers who will cut into your lane at 20 mph while you are gunning 70+.  Even the better German performance cars don't have stopping distances from 70 mph that are less than 150 feet

But in general you want to be in a lane that has "leavers" (cars changing lanes out) rather than "mergers" (cars changing lanes in) .  Given the ill thought out  design of some of the new construction and mall layouts, this "leaver" lane more often than not happens to be the right lane where one can go fast.

Burn That Belly said:
fortune11 said:
Burn That Belly said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Burn That Belly said:
I have zero traffic...

I hope your pushrod has decent (brembo) brakes too .  Honking or not, there will be drivers who will cut into your lane at 20 mph while you are gunning 70+.  Even the better German performance cars don't have stopping distances from 70 mph that are less than 150 feet

But in general you want to be in a lane that has "leavers" (cars changing lanes out) rather than "mergers" (cars changing lanes in) .  Given the ill thought out  design of some of the new construction and mall layouts, this "leaver" lane more often than not happens to be the right lane where one can go fast.

pushrods come standard with brembos.  ;D  and it does 60-0 in 90 feet.

Hard to believe when the new m5 stops from 70 in a little less than 150 feet

This may require some ...ahem ... video evidence

Back