Better Location for Resale in Irvine

If you have to buy a resale SFH, which areas from the following would be the best in terms of holding their value, easier to sell in future, appreciation etc? Assuming you like the floor plans in all.

1. Cypress Village
2. StoneGate
3. East wood Village
4. Pavilion Park

I have removed Portola and OH from this list for some known reason.

Eastwood will be the best value. However, if you find a better location, lot, facing side, etc. than Eastwood SFH, then one of Stonegate or Cypress Village will be a better choice. A better choice means, it will sell faster if you put it out on a market.

Why Eastwood?  I think Pavilion Park has the most potential once Great Park is fully built out.  It is on clean land, has the connectivity to Great Park but feels more private.

Irvinecommuter said:
Problem with Eastwood is that the prices are already so ridiculously high.

I don't track Eastwood or Stonegate pricing but if SG is trading at less, then that's prob the better buy for appreciation.  They're very similar neighborhoods in terms of demographics, location, HS zoning, on site elem, etc, so after EW gets built out, I would expect them to trade at similar levels.

Based on the diversity of answers here, I'm going to say that no matter which option you go with, you should be in pretty good shape overall.  :)

Burn That Belly said:
the.irvine said:
Homes in CV don't stay active for very long. I would go for CV.

Too many homes in CV are within the 1500 feet radius of freeway pollution based on the most recent Bruin study. Be sure to perform a Google Earth check.

When taking road/traffic pollution into consideration you need to look at both freeways and busy roads.  Also in addition to distance, look for wind direction (upwind/downwind), barriers, and elevation.

If you're upwind from a busy road, pollution extend to 2,000 ft vs downwind extends to 8,000 ft (1.5 miles).  I'm about 700 ft upwind from a freeway with sound wall and vegetation barriers.  I have 2 Rabbit Air MinusA2 air filters running at the house.

momopi said:
Burn That Belly said:
the.irvine said:
Homes in CV don't stay active for very long. I would go for CV.

Too many homes in CV are within the 1500 feet radius of freeway pollution based on the most recent Bruin study. Be sure to perform a Google Earth check.

When taking road/traffic pollution into consideration you need to look at both freeways and busy roads.  Also in addition to distance, look for wind direction (upwind/downwind), barriers, and elevation.

If you're upwind from a busy road, pollution extend to 2,000 ft vs downwind extends to 8,000 ft (1.5 miles).  I'm about 700 ft upwind from a freeway with sound wall and vegetation barriers.  I have 2 Rabbit Air MinusA2 air filters running at the house.

I was expecting you have one of these...
https://risingsbunkers.com/layouts-pricing-bunkers/bunker-options/nbc-air-filtration-systems/

I see it all the time, when people bought into a particular village or neighborhood in Irvine, they tend to defend it and claim it to be the best choice and best location. They then scrutinize the hell out of the other villages for the wrongs.

I bought into a few different area in Irvine and when you look at the Macro level of Irvine, you will see that it all will do fine when you turn around and sell it or lease it.

Sure, your carrying cost will be higher for the gated and more prestigious neighborhood such as Altair or Alta Vista but to win the race and you have to weather the storms and still be able to functions in bad time. Stretching is OK only if you weather the lengthy down turn just as we see in the past. History often repeats itself. And the bad time is a great time to be greedy.

Recently the current administration is proposing scale back in consumer protection agencies and do away with Dodd-Frank. They are clearly gearing for greedy. Be prepare folks. 

Compressed-Village said:
I see it all the time, when people bought into a particular village or neighborhood in Irvine, they tend to defend it and claim it to be the best choice and best location. They then scrutinize the hell out of the other villages for the wrongs.

I bought into a few different area in Irvine and when you look at the Macro level of Irvine, you will see that it all will do fine when you turn around and sell it or lease it.

Sure, your carrying cost will be higher for the gated and more prestigious neighborhood such as Altair or Alta Vista but to win the race and you have to weather the storms and still be able to functions in bad time. Stretching is OK only if you weather the lengthy down turn just as we see in the past. History often repeats itself. And the bad time is a great time to be greedy.

Recently the current administration is proposing scale back in consumer protection agencies and do away with Dodd-Frank. They are clearly gearing for greedy. Be prepare folks.

But really...I mean what's the worse that could happen?  Economic collapse?  I mean that hasn't happened since what...2008?

Back