218 homes to be built this summer on the old Tustin Marine base

WTTCHMN

Levity will feature both town homes and three-story houses ranging in size from 1,400 square feet to 3,000 square feet.

During a discussion about the project at a January City Council meeting, Councilwoman Becky Gomez expressed concern the development would not include enough open space to attract families with young children.

But Murray predicted that Tustin?s ?highly touted school system? will be the draw.

?Parents will sacrifice a back yard for a good school,? he said.
https://www.ocregister.com/2018/02/...y-at-tustin-legacy-with-218-home-development/

Any opinions on what pricing could be here?

Would be very interested in this over the new construction in PS or BR.

No backyard townhomes sounds like they could potentially fit in a 600k budget, we'll see!

Levity integrates three distinct housing products connected to a centralized community recreation facility and future neighborhood linkages. The three products include Fleet (townhomes), Velocity (stacked flats) and Icon (single family detached). Fleet will feature 101 three-story townhomes along Moffett Drive, Victory Road and Tustin Ranch Road that range from 1,371 SF to 2,144 SF with 2-4 bedrooms. Velocity will feature 60 two- and three-story stacked flats at the center of the site that range from 1,485 SF to 2,966 SF with 2-3 bedrooms. Icon will feature 57 three-story detached units along Moffett Drive, Park Avenue, and Victory Road that range from 1,957 SF-2,688 SF with 3-4 bedrooms.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180207006349/en/City-Tustin-Approves-DDA-Entitlements-Levity-Tustin

Looks like you'll have to be sub $440/ft on the smallest 1,371 SF unit (before upgrades) to be $600k and under.

Burn That Belly said:
WTTCHMN said:

Levity will feature both town homes and three-story houses ranging in size from 1,400 square feet to 3,000 square feet.

During a discussion about the project at a January City Council meeting, Councilwoman Becky Gomez expressed concern the development would not include enough open space to attract families with young children.

But Murray predicted that Tustin?s ?highly touted school system? will be the draw.

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/02/...y-at-tustin-legacy-with-218-home-development/

Corrected:

?Parents will sacrifice a back yard and living next to ancient hangars for a good school,? he said.

Maybe I'm crazy, but to me those hangers look really cool. Someone should develop them into something, maybe hipster food court like the packing house in anaheim.

inv0ke-epipen said:
Burn That Belly said:
WTTCHMN said:

Corrected:

?Parents will sacrifice a back yard and living next to ancient hangars for a good school,? he said.

Maybe I'm crazy, but to me those hangers look really cool. Someone should develop them into something, maybe hipster food court like the packing house in anaheim.

I agree - I actually don't think both need to be kept, but its a historic and iconic item that could be revitalized into something unique that lets all people (those looking for development & bringing in tax dollars, and those interested in preserving history) coalesce around.

I like the hanger's too and think they are pretty cool.  They are the largest wooden structures in the world or something.

I thought the agreement was to make at least one of them into a museum.  Then again, i don't think anything Tustin has done with the area has fit into the agreement.

Isn't that the other ground zero in the area for toxic contamination?  That would be the sacrifice on my mind if I had to live there.  Cost too high at any price, perhaps.

Just an FYI to anyone interested, it looks like there is now a site for Levity at https://www.levitytustin.com . I think I heard that rough grading will start in the summer with the model units being sold towards the end of the year or early 2019

Burn That Belly said:
irvineres1 said:
Just an FYI to anyone interested, it looks like there is now a site for Levity at levitytustin.com . I think I heard that rough grading will start in the summer with the model units being sold towards the end of the year or early 2019

No thanks. I rather buy in Great Park.

Both have the same contamination but I'll take a homeless shelter and IUSD over two giant hangars.
TL = Geographic center of OC, near 405-5-55 crossroads, excellent new schools, no homeless camp, no jail, no cemetery, single developer so no danger of getting thrown under the bus by multiple landowner/litigants with divergent interests, historic hangars, Costco, Flight, IBC, DJ, ......
GPN = Uncertainty

Location is good, although it already is traffic central.

Having Hangers a 1/2 - 1 mile away isn't anything.  People will buy anywhere- a friend bought out in the boonies of Corona because it was cheap (detached condo 2400sqft on ~3000sqft lot for 550k) and outside stinks of the Cow farm next door which will be gone "within 2 years". 

Will be a shame if they knock down both structures - to keep one and turn it into some kind of retro hipster commercial properties would be great for the whole area (and make traffic even worse lol).

I wonder what would be a commercially viable way to reuse the hangars. I'm all for doing so but it doesn't have to be a charity. Safety is a big concern obviously.

Traffic is less of a concern because you can easily walk to The District, not car dependent like most of GP

Burn That Belly said:
Happiness said:
Burn That Belly said:
irvineres1 said:
Just an FYI to anyone interested, it looks like there is now a site for Levity at levitytustin.com . I think I heard that rough grading will start in the summer with the model units being sold towards the end of the year or early 2019

No thanks. I rather buy in Great Park.

Both have the same contamination but I'll take a homeless shelter and IUSD over two giant hangars.
TL = Geographic center of OC, near 405-5-55 crossroads, excellent new schools, no homeless camp, no jail, no cemetery, single developer so no danger of getting thrown under the bus by multiple landowner/litigants with divergent interests, historic hangars, Costco, Flight, IBC, DJ, ......
GPN = Uncertainty

You know I was just kidding right. I hate both locations. It's like choosing between a rock and a hard place.

What's interesting to me is that you're also a GP hater. Thought you were a preacher.
I don't hate GP, I just don't like excessive drama and uncertainty which GP seems to have no shortage of. Why would you willingly choose to live with the uncertainty of cemeteries, homeless camps, developer litigation, future traffic, land remediation, and other controversies yet to surface when you can live in a perfectly safe established area like OH or EW?

Happiness said:
I don't hate GP, I just don't like excessive drama and uncertainty which GP seems to have no shortage of. Why would you willingly choose to live with the uncertainty of cemeteries, homeless camps, developer litigation, future traffic, land remediation, and other controversies yet to surface when you can live in a perfectly safe established area like OH or EW?

Pros and cons to every area.

I don't think GP has any more or less than OH/EW.

TL is just the same... had a base... question marks about what will be built... what to do with the hangars. Has anyone visited the new animal shelter? I hear it's open now.

irvinehomeowner said:
Happiness said:

TL is just the same... had a base... question marks about what will be built... what to do with the hangars. Has anyone visited the new animal shelter? I hear it's open now.

What are your pros and cons for OH and EW?

Burn That Belly said:
Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Happiness said:

What are your pros and cons for OH and EW?

Pros: Better Desirability/Appreciation

Cons: You can't afford it

Cons: Buy some good fire insurance if you live in OH. That whole area is a tinder box.

Back