Home Depot blinds and shutters

emf1315

Has anyone used Home Depot to purchase blinds and/or shutters?  If you have any experience with them,  I'd love to hear about your thoughts on quality, pricing, and installation.

They charge 150ish for measurement and whole home installation. I'm looking to get plantation shutters on 2 front windows, roller shades in common areas, and regular 2.5" faux wood blinds in bedrooms.

20% off window coverings special right now.  I checked out their Bali and Levolor samples... they looked great !

Thoughts?

One big reason I would go with Home Depot or Lowe?s  is you know you won?t get ripped of by the contactor and if something isn?t right they will fix it to your liking

qwerty said:
One big reason I would go with Home Depot or Lowe?s  is you know you won?t get ripped of by the contactor and if something isn?t right they will fix it to your liking

I?ve read horror stories with HD and Lowes because they use subs. Maybe that?s not the case now but it seems like the smaller vendors will go more out of their way to make it right because Yelp rep means more. :)

I got some expensive roller shades from HD because they had a material I liked and couldn?t find it anywhere else.  The vendor install was fine but they brought the wrong color end caps.  They made it right a week later and came back and reinstalled the right ones. 

Usually when you get the estimate / measurement you can find out the vendors name if you?re nosy or clever.  Once you find it, check their yelp reviews and see if you?re still comfortable moving forward.

Also some HD workers will tell you the vendor name with no issues, others aren?t so forthcoming.

We used them to install plantation shutters in 2013 and I was very pleasantly surprised.  Installation was prompt and professional and when some of the mounts broke (my fault) they sent out replacement parts, no charge.  Very happy with the service, look, price and durability.  I would use them again.

aquabliss said:
I got some expensive roller shades from HD because they had a material I liked and couldn?t find it anywhere else.  The vendor install was fine but they brought the wrong color end caps.  They made it right a week later and came back and reinstalled the right ones. 

Usually when you get the estimate / measurement you can find out the vendors name if you?re nosy or clever.  Once you find it, check their yelp reviews and see if you?re still comfortable moving forward.

Also some HD workers will tell you the vendor name with no issues, others aren?t so forthcoming.

Ooh! Can you share the pics of your roller shades?  I want them for all my sliding doors!

For those of you who did your blinds/shutters with HD, did the sub Pinnacle Window Coverings, Inc, do your measurements and install? Apparently they would be the ones coming out for our install through Home Depot, but the Yelp reviews are not so great...hopefully some people here have experienced otherwise?

Even though the reviews are all over the place for the sub contractor, can't help but feel like Home Depot will make sure to try to make it right if something does go wrong, thoughts?

Back