Accountant Recommendations

It's pretty hard to find a decent CPA that charges a reasonable price.  I called a few and the range is $500-$2000.  I have no clue how some of these places charge $2000 for a basic W2 return with a few rental properties. 

I thought I had a good guy for the past 5 years, but he kept increasing his prices and then I started finding mistakes in my tax returns. 

If you guys have fairly straight forward tax returns, just use TurboTax or TaxAct and save yourself money.

I think this thread isn't very exciting because we were recently talking about accountant suggestions on another TI thread.

People don?t like to reveal their favorite reasonably priced accountant.

Once the words get out, the account get tons of business and become too busy, their fee goes up.

Thanks for sharing @marmot!

@USCTrojanCPA - I feel like it's getting less straightforward over the years now and maybe a little bit of me feeling like I might be missing potential refunds/deductions when I use TurboTax...

@Inc - yep, I wouldn't blame them, but kudos to those who don't mind sharing!

@irvinehomeowner - I was looking for an accountant because eventually I might need them for more than yearly tax prep stuff. Just wanted to start off with tax prep and see if I like them.

irvinehomeowner said:
H&R Block?

If it's just for taxes, won't they do?

There's also qwerty and USCTrojanCPA. :)

I used to do a couple of relatives taxes and told them to find someone else. Got tired of doing that shit.

Back