Merry Christmas - The Gift of Encouragement

socal78

This Christmas, I have decided to give the gift of encouragement. Something happened recently that made me realize our world needs more of this. So, I've decided to do it.

Since it would obviously be difficult to reach every member on T.I., I decided to pull up the Member List and sort by # of posts. I will start with the Top 5 in that list. (If I get time, I'll try to get to the next 5. Or maybe the newest 5 but I'm afraid I don't know many people anymore as I don't check TI as often.)

#1. Iho - I admire you for how much you love your children. Not a lot of guys have the same heart for leading their family as you do. You really are an amazing father. You're a blessing to your family. You always give the best parenting advice on the forum. Also, you are funny, and have kept me laughing for 10 years. I appreciate you. 

#2. Ps9 - You're a very nice member and nary have a harsh word to say about anybody or to them, which is refreshing and rare on a message board. When I think of you, I think of exotic food that I wouldn't know existed if it wasn't for you. (Like the "Stay Away Iho & SoCal" thread from years ago about Octoro Sushi or whatever it's called.) I actually don't know if Ps9 will see this. I think he stopped posting once he created a live chat thing. Come back, Ps9, come back.

#3. USCTrojanCPA: Jack of all Trades. A helpful & knowledgeable guy. We've met in person several times. You have a generous spirit. You have reached out and volunteered to help me and others even without demanding anything back. You're very down to earth especially considering how filthy rich you are. You're a valuable asset on T.I.

#4 (I will skip myself) is Eyephone: Eyephone, you are one member I unfortunately don't know a whole lot about. I have read some of your posts but don't have a good grasp on you. I would encourage you to let us know more about you and keep posting. Or maybe you have and I am just remiss here.

#5. Qwerty - Heheheheheheh. How does one begin to describe Qwerty?? There is ONLY ONE Qwerty! You are a straight shooter. You don't care about being P.C.. You just tell it like it is. I absolutely love that you don't beat around the bush on issues even if I don't agree with you every time. haha. This forum needs you. You also really crack me up.

Merry Christmas!

Great thread.

It's hard to single members out because I do think there are many people here who offer great advice, are funny, are insightful and are very knowledgeable but don't post as often as some of us.

So I encourage all of them to post more.

I'll just bust a "pay it backward" and let SoCal know that I am also in admiration of her mom skills. I grew up in a dual income family and being a dual income family, it must be great for your family to have a mom who has so much time and energy to give to them. I do wish that Mrs. IHO could do that, but Irvine is so expensive and I'm not a 1%er baller like Homer or Qwerty. I'm sure many of us are jealous of the food you cook even though we tease you about it. I encourage you to embrace electricity and all the technological magic it comes with. Also, ask Alexa if she thinks a Mini is better than an Echo Dot.

To all you parents out there, I'm not a perfect dad, maybe not even a great one, but I try. Sometimes I do right, many times I fail. But what I encourage any parent to do is to be moderate. We expect a lot from our kids but as much as pressure creates diamonds, it can break things if not applied properly. There are pros and cons to being a Tiger Mom or a Lavar Dad but in the end, just make sure your kids know you love them for them and not what they can or cannot do.

And I know I've started a thread about this before, but whether you believe in a God or not, I hope that all of you find that source of hope and encouragement that you need.

irvinehomeowner said:
I do wish that Mrs. IHO could do that, but Irvine is so expensive and I'm not a 1%er baller like Homer or Qwerty.

I don't want to hijack the thread, but dude why don't you move if Irvine is holding you back?  There are plenty of nice areas with 3CWG's for less money.

Liar Loan said:
irvinehomeowner said:
I do wish that Mrs. IHO could do that, but Irvine is so expensive and I'm not a 1%er baller like Homer or Qwerty.

I don't want to hijack the thread, but dude why don't you move if Irvine is holding you back?  There are plenty of nice areas with 3CWG's for less money.

To quote an old IHB meme from AZDave:

"For the children!"

It's not just Irvine, the nice (and "safe") places in Orange County are pretty much within the same money range... and you always want to live close to where you work.

We almost bit in Tustin Ranch, looked at Aliso Viejo (too far) and even Mission Viejo... but location, location, location. :)

Thanks for the kind words SoCal.  I really do enjoy helping folks out whether they use my services or not, I just like to pay it forward and earn good karma brownie points.  In a way, TI has been and will continue to be a part of my life as I've worked with so many great folks and can be call several of my clients my friends.

irvinehomeowner said:
Liar Loan said:
irvinehomeowner said:

To quote an old IHB meme from AZDave:

"For the children!"

It's not just Irvine, the nice (and "safe") places in Orange County are pretty much within the same money range... and you always want to live close to where you work.

We almost bit in Tustin Ranch, looked at Aliso Viejo (too far) and even Mission Viejo... but location, location, location. :)

Hey hey hey...and what's wrong with Tustin Ranch???  :p

Just read your message Socal, I'm still around, not as active.  The live chat thing never took off.. but I'm actually occupied by my stupid addiction to a phone star wars game.  I went full nerd.  lol

Heh... gonna revive the thread because 'tis the season.

Happy holidays to everyone for what you celebrate and may 2021 be much better.

There is another thread around here about which gifts I believe IrvineRealtor would give members and I got this guy in our TI Secret Santa pool so let's see if anyone can guess based on the gifts I got him:

iu

iu

iu

Back