Reserving clubhouse requires additional insurance

shadyoc

When we used to rent out the Cypress Village amenities, all they needed was a flat fee and the security deposit. For our community, which is managed by Keystone, they require additional insurance on top the security deposit. Is that normal for all HOA?s?

Keystone is a crappy hoa.  They are stingy with the holiday decorations and aren?t lenient on a lot of things.  I wonder who manages North Park?

I think it?s pretty common. The event insurance is pretty cheap. There are some companies that specialize in this.

shadyoc said:
When we used to rent out the Cypress Village amenities, all they needed was a flat fee and the security deposit. For our community, which is managed by Keystone, they require additional insurance on top the security deposit. Is that normal for all HOA?s?

Keystone is a crappy hoa.  They are stingy with the holiday decorations and aren?t lenient on a lot of things.  I wonder who manages North Park?

Yeah it's normal. Use one of those sites where u can buy it online. I think $100 for $1M policy.

jmoney74 said:
shadyoc said:

Yeah it's normal. Use one of those sites where u can buy it online. I think $100 for $1M policy.

That is actually a lot given that the clubhouse rental is $300.

So are places like cypress and northwood, that don't require insurance because they are open to the public?  I recall they only asked for clubhouse rental fee and security deposit only.

shadyoc said:

Normal. At the local crappy HOA I work for, some people just tack it on to their existing homeowner's insurance. Supposedly it's pretty easy this way. Never tried it myself, though.

Back