The Investigation

?The four people charged so far in Russia investigation

Four aides to President Trump face criminal charges in special counsel Robert Mueller?s probe of Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/906920001

My comments
Who will be next? I think Mike Flynn got a good deal that he made with Mueller. (Pleading guilty to one felony count lying to the FBI)

How many people on TI before and during the investigation mentioned nothing will happen?

The purpose of the special council is to investigate Russian interference in the election and whether any members of the Trump campaign were involved.

I guess it?s matter of opinion, but this investigation jump started after the firing of James Comey the director of FBI.

Still having great fun watching my family members on the Left enjoy every bite of this big, fat nothingburger. So they also got a bag of fries to munch on... big deal.

The whole enchilada isn't gonna happen. A huge slice of Humble Pie for me if it does, but for now I raise a chalice full of liberal tears and salute those who still believe in viable Russian Interference in the 2016 election. Your faith in fairy tales is both astounding as it is remarkable

My .02c

I wouldn't call this a fairy tale. Fairy tales usually have happy endings (maybe not Slavic/Eastern European ones)

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/02/us/russia-mcfarland-flynn-trump-emails.html

On Dec. 29, a transition adviser to Mr. Trump, K. T. McFarland, wrote in an email to a colleague that sanctions announced hours before by the Obama administration in retaliation for Russian election meddling were aimed at discrediting Mr. Trump?s victory. The sanctions could also make it much harder for Mr. Trump to ease tensions with Russia, ?which has just thrown the U.S.A. election to him,? she wrote in the emails obtained by The Times.

Since collusion will never be found (because Team Rabid Orangutan was simply too inept to begin with IMHO) now it's "OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE!!!!" or "Logan Act violations" everyone is yowling about.

Pretty hard to convict anyone of Obstruction of Justice when your key guy in this whole thing admitted under oath that Donald never asked for a shutdown of any investigation - as Comey did in front of Congress. Even harder to be the very first conviction EVER under the Logan Act when the previous administration gave it's blessing to the incoming administration to contact foreign governments during the transition.

All any good defense lawyer would need to do is play POTUS 44's "Tell Vladimir I'll have more flexibility after the election" hot mic tape and it's game over for this entire collusion/obstruction/logan act stuff.

PS - Would anyone care for a McFlurry or an Apple Pie with their big, fat, nothingburger?

My .02c

SGIP

?A former Trump aide?s drunk bragging to an Australian diplomat may have kicked off the entire Russia investigation, according to a new report in The New York Times.

On Saturday, the paper reported that George Papadopoulos, who served as a foreign policy adviser to Donald Trump?s presidential campaign, told Australian diplomat Alexander Downer that Russia had political dirt on Trump?s Democratic rival, Hillary Clinton, after a night of heavy drinking in May 2016.

Less than a month earlier, he had been told that Russia had emails that would embarrass the former secretary of state. That information came courtesy of Joseph Mifsud, a Maltese professor with contacts in the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, who, in April 2016, told Papadopoulos he?d learned the Russians had ?dirt? on Clinton in the form of ?thousands of emails.?

When leaked Democratic emails began appearing online in July, apparently timed to the Democratic national convention, Australian officials passed on the information about Papadopoulos to the United States, according to the Times, citing four current and former American and foreign officials. Australia is one of the United States? closest intelligence allies.?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vo...2/30/16833954/george-papadopoulos-trump-times

Sounds like George was more than a coffee boy if he had the inside info. His bragging to the Australian diplomat started the FBI investigation according to the article and many other articles.

?Donald Trump?s former chief strategist Steve Bannon has described the Trump Tower meeting between the president?s son and a group of Russians during the 2016 election campaign as ?treasonous? and ?unpatriotic?, according to an explosive new book seen by the Guardian.

Wolff writes, Bannon remarked mockingly: ?The three senior guys in the campaign thought it was a good idea to meet with a foreign government inside Trump Tower in the conference room on the 25th floor ? with no lawyers. They didn?t have any lawyers.?

?Even if you thought that this was not treasonous, or unpatriotic, or bad shit, and I happen to think it?s all of that, you should have called the FBI immediately.?

Bannon also speculated that Trump Jr had involved his father in the meeting. ?The chance that Don Jr did not walk these jumos up to his father?s office on the twenty-sixth floor is zero.?
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jan/03/donald-trump-russia-steve-bannon-michael-wolff

My comment: This is coming from Trump?s right hand man.

eyephone said:

Not exactly.  Prior to becoming Trump's 3rd and final campaign manager, he strongly supported Ted Cruz during the primary (i.e. he was originally against Trump).  Bannon's mission in the White House was to push Trump as far to the nationalist right as possible, but in practice that backfired dramatically.  Examples of this are the first travel ban and when Bannon was added to the National Security Council.  He was leaking information to the press regularly to undermine his colleagues in the White House, and just before he was fired he gave an unauthorized interview that he thought was off the record, undermining the administration's policies.  The bottom line is he viewed Trump as a vehicle for his agenda, but he was never Trump's right hand man.

Liar Loan said:
eyephone said:

Not exactly.  Prior to becoming Trump's 3rd and final campaign manager, he strongly supported Ted Cruz during the primary (i.e. he was originally against Trump).  Bannon's mission in the White House was to push Trump as far to the nationalist right as possible, but in practice that backfired dramatically.  Examples of this are the first travel ban and when Bannon was added to the National Security Council.  He was leaking information to the press regularly to undermine his colleagues in the White House, and just before he was fired he gave an unauthorized interview that he thought was off the record, undermining the administration's policies.  The bottom line is he viewed Trump as a vehicle for his agenda, but he was never Trump's right hand man.

He may not have seen himself as Trump's right hand man but Trump definitely leaned heavily on him.  Most people agree that Trump campaign turned around when Bannon and Conway took over.  Many of the Trump's strongest supporters are Bannon followers.  Bannon also brought on guys like Stephen Miller and Gorka and helped shaped major platforms of Trump's campaign and presidency like the travel ban, trade, and immigration.  There are also discussions that Trump continued to talk to Bannon even after Bannon left the WH.  Bannon is/was a critical member of the Trump campaign and administration.  Trump WH's efforts to pretend otherwise is laughable.

BTW:

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump heralded Steve Bannon's praise for him on Thursday in his first public comments since he released a fiery statement slamming his former White House chief strategist.

"I don't know, he called me a great man last night, so he obviously changed his tune pretty quick," Trump said Thursday, referring to Bannon's comments Wednesday night on his Sirius XM radio show in the wake of the firestorm ignited by a new book on the White House.
http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/04/politics/donald-trump-steve-bannon-praise/index.html

Nothing matters anymore. if Trump actually shoots someone (in his words) on Fifth avenue in broad daylight and in front of witnesses , we will still be debating whether there was a secret fake news media shooter on the grassy knoll who entrapped Trump.  Was it really his finger on the trigger ... lets get all the facts before we rise to judgement, etc. etc. 

If a democrat president had called for a private citizen to be jailed, called for banning a book, and playing a d*** measuring contest with a nuclear armed madman, republicans would be calling in SEAL team 6 to seize the White House . 

This investigation will do what it needs to and then we will be sitting on a full blown constitutional crisis.  Repubs as usual won't do anything about it and ossified Dem leadership in Pelosi and Schumer are too wedded to their legacy roles and feckless to do anything to break the glass.

But  hey , as long as Dow is on the way to 36,000 , who cares right :)

fortune11 said:
Nothing matters anymore. if Trump actually shoots someone (in his words) on Fifth avenue in broad daylight and in front of witnesses , we will still be debating whether there was a secret fake news media shooter on the grassy knoll who entrapped Trump.  Was it really his finger on the trigger ... lets get all the facts before we rise to judgement, etc. etc. 

If a democrat president had called for a private citizen to be jailed, called for banning a book, and playing a d*** measuring contest with a nuclear armed madman, republicans would be calling in SEAL team 6 to seize the White House . 

This investigation will do what it needs to and then we will be sitting on a full blown constitutional crisis.  Repubs as usual won't do anything about it and ossified Dem leadership in Pelosi and Schumer are too wedded to their legacy roles and feckless to do anything to break the glass.

But  hey , as long as Dow is on the way to 36,000 , who cares right :)

Donald Jr Tweet:

?Steve had the honor of working in the White House & serving the country. Unfortunately, he squandered that privilege & turned that opportunity into a nightmare of backstabbing, harassing, leaking, lying & undermining the President. Steve is not a strategist, he is an opportunist?
https://mobile.twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/948678893610913793

My comment:
I can?t stop laughing. What do you expect from Steve? 

Kings said:
Sounds like we're all in agreement!

Very convenient that we can keep this thread open for the next investigation!

Not only that, but the author of the Steele Dossier may now be under investigation, as Senators Grassley/Graham have just referred him to the DOJ. 

This whole Russia conspiracy is starting to backfire on the Democrats big time.

Liar Loan said:
Kings said:
Sounds like we're all in agreement!

Very convenient that we can keep this thread open for the next investigation!

Not only that, but the author of the Steele Dossier may now be under investigation, as Senators Grassley/Graham have just referred him to the DOJ. 

This whole Russia conspiracy is starting to backfire on the Democrats big time.

Blame it on the ?coffee boy? that jump started the Russian investigation. According to reports he told an Australian diplomat regarding the emails. (You can?t make this stuff up)

eyephone said:
(You can?t make this stuff up)

Some people think this is precisely what happened.  Congress is getting very close to putting the pieces together here and many regard the NY Times story as a smokescreen.  For instance, if "coffee boy" was the reason the investigation was launched in July 2016, why was he not even interviewed by the FBI until January 2017?  It has the feel of covering your tracks after the fact.

Back