Author Topic: How soon until Bitcoin crashes?  (Read 43985 times)

Offline daedalus

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 239
  • -Received: 264
Re: How soon until Bitcoin crashes?
« Reply #210 on: June 04, 2021, 11:16:23 AM »
I remember when I read about NFTs for the 1st time, it proved to me that there's too much money in this world, and we're losing all sense of its value.  It reminded me immediately of the Robin Williams' quote, "Cocaine is God's way of saying you're making too much money.", except that today drugs are everywhere and its the crytocrap that's the harbinger.

Offline morekaos

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 542
  • -Received: 508
« Reply #211 on: June 04, 2021, 11:41:53 AM »
Why are your financial related posts after the fact?

Because I get paid for telling them this way ahead of time. I just didn't tell you.  Stuff i post here is free and just for fun.

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #212 on: June 04, 2021, 11:45:04 AM »
I remember when I read about NFTs for the 1st time, it proved to me that there's too much money in this world, and we're losing all sense of its value.  It reminded me immediately of the Robin Williams' quote, "Cocaine is God's way of saying you're making too much money.", except that today drugs are everywhere and its the crytocrap that's the harbinger.

Agree...the end is neigh...

Artist sells invisible sculpture for over $18K

An Italian artist sold an invisible sculpture for over $18,000 and had to give the buyer a certificate of authenticity to prove it’s real, the Daily Mail reported.

Salvatore Garau sold his piece, entitled “Io Sono” (I am), to an unidentified buyer last month.

Italian auction house Art-Rite organized the sale of the “immaterial” statue in May with a beginning estimated value coming in between $7,000 and $11,000.

“The vacuum is nothing more than a space full of energy, and even if we empty it and there is nothing left, according to the Heisenberg uncertainty principle, that ‘nothing’ has a weight,” the Sardinian-born artist explained, according to Hypebeast. “Therefore, it has energy that is condensed and transformed into particles, that is, into us.”

https://nypost.com/2021/06/03/artist-sells-invisible-sculpture-for-over-18k/

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
  • -Given: 489
  • -Received: 768
« Reply #213 on: June 04, 2021, 02:55:40 PM »

Text book response is the fair value is whatever the market is willing to pay for it.

Offline daedalus

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 239
  • -Received: 264
« Reply #214 on: June 04, 2021, 06:41:51 PM »
Text book response is the fair value is whatever the market is willing to pay for it.
That's a profound statement that doesn't really add any substance to the discussion of whether we're in an asset bubble.  It's true if prices are skyrocketing, and it's still true if prices are imploding.

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #215 on: June 04, 2021, 07:18:27 PM »
That's a profound statement that doesn't really add any substance to the discussion of whether we're in an asset bubble.  It's true if prices are skyrocketing, and it's still true if prices are imploding.

It is what it is. Why do people over pay for bansky art? Because there is a demand. Just like the current demand for GPUs. Outrages prices for GPUs but people are paying premium prices.
You think digital currency is a joke? China is rolling out its own digital currency.

Why did prices go up for the meme stocks? Because there is a demand. Are the valuations justified? Probably not

So my basic statement about fair value is correct. Have a nice day.  ;)

« Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 07:39:37 PM by eyephone »

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #216 on: June 04, 2021, 07:22:21 PM »
Someone started the crypto correction and let’s say many people are not happy with him.

Offline nosuchreality

• Thanks
  • -Given: 145
  • -Received: 538
« Reply #217 on: June 04, 2021, 07:26:16 PM »
<snip>
China is rolling out its own digital currency.
<snip>

Digital currency is the ultimate Government Control item when they have the control keys.

Oops, looks like your low Social Credit value has adversely impacted your digital currency exchange rate.  No loaf of bread for you. 

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #218 on: June 04, 2021, 07:31:13 PM »
<snip>
China is rolling out its own digital currency.
<snip>

Digital currency is the ultimate Government Control item when they have the control keys.

Oops, looks like your low Social Credit value has adversely impacted your digital currency exchange rate.  No loaf of bread for you.

Digital currency is the future. Watch you will see.

Offline aquabliss

• Thanks
  • -Given: 213
  • -Received: 799
« Reply #219 on: June 04, 2021, 09:38:26 PM »
All the dollars in my bank and brokerage accounts are already digital.  I didn’t use cash for any of these balances.

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #220 on: June 07, 2021, 01:06:53 PM »
Someone started the crypto correction and let’s say many people are not happy with him.

Marketwatch: Elon Musk’s crypto tweets have ‘destroyed lives,’ says video purportedly from Anonymous

Elon Musk has “destroyed lives” through irresponsible tweets that have recently roiled cryptocurrency markets, a group claiming to represent the hacker collective Anonymous said in a weekend video.

Last month, Musk sent bitcoin prices plunging after announcing Tesla would no longer accept bitcoin as payment for its vehicles, citing the high levels of carbon emissions produced by bitcoin mining. Musk said it was looking into other cryptos, such as dogecoin, that are more eco-friendly.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/elon-musks-crypto-tweets-have-destroyed-lives-says-video-purportedly-from-anonymous-11623019100

Offline Compressed-Village

• Thanks
  • -Given: 349
  • -Received: 259
« Reply #221 on: June 07, 2021, 04:27:11 PM »
It takes one person to crater the price.

Common morron, its not a good bet. Take your money to Vegas for a better return if you willing to gamble.

No one praised him when he bought the stock and willing to trade bitcoin for Tesla and pumped the price up.

Dude had a planned to pump and dump. Although he does not need the money, why such a controversial moves I wonder.

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #222 on: June 08, 2021, 11:12:23 AM »
Not as foolproof as thought?...

Bitcoin extends losses, falling below $32,000 after U.S. seizes most of Colonial ransom

Bitcoin’s price slipped again Tuesday. The world’s largest cryptocurrency continued to fall throughout the day amid a brutal sell-off among digital currencies.

The reason for the move was unclear, however it may be related to concerns over security of the cryptocurrency after U.S. officials managed to recover most of the ransom paid to hackers that targeted Colonial Pipeline.

Court documents said investigators were able to access the password for one of the hackers’ bitcoin wallets. The money was recovered by a recently launched task force in Washington created as part of the government’s response to a rise in cyberattacks.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/08/bitcoin-btc-price-slides-as-us-seizes-most-of-colonial-ransom.html

Offline zubs

• Thanks
  • -Given: 76
  • -Received: 483
« Reply #223 on: June 08, 2021, 11:14:18 AM »
I'm glad we have our own sanctioned hackers hacking the hackers.

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #224 on: June 08, 2021, 11:51:49 AM »
Let them walk away? Not really bro
People still blaming Elon!

Not as foolproof as thought?...

Bitcoin extends losses, falling below $32,000 after U.S. seizes most of Colonial ransom

Bitcoin’s price slipped again Tuesday. The world’s largest cryptocurrency continued to fall throughout the day amid a brutal sell-off among digital currencies.

The reason for the move was unclear, however it may be related to concerns over security of the cryptocurrency after U.S. officials managed to recover most of the ransom paid to hackers that targeted Colonial Pipeline.

Court documents said investigators were able to access the password for one of the hackers’ bitcoin wallets. The money was recovered by a recently launched task force in Washington created as part of the government’s response to a rise in cyberattacks.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/08/bitcoin-btc-price-slides-as-us-seizes-most-of-colonial-ransom.html

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Recent Posts

Re: coronavirus by irvinehomeowner
[Yesterday at 09:23:26 PM]

Re: Work situation? by daedalus
[Yesterday at 05:51:35 PM]

Re: Fresco @ Eastwood Village by USCTrojanCPA
[Yesterday at 05:49:20 PM]

Re: Fresco @ Eastwood Village by USCTrojanCPA