C2E Boutique Townhomes

elgringo

I noticed this several weeks ago.  "C2E" means "close to everything."  I hadn't seen posts on it.  Looks like dense housing on Von Karman.  I don't see what's boutique about them.  Having no Mello-Roos is nice.  I guess you can walk to Diamond Jamboree and Walmart...and El Pollo Loco if you want a longer walk.  This just seems like a lot of dense housing.  Maybe that's what makes it "Urban Irvine."
http://c2eirvine.com/

Not a terrible location for young people who want to be near the middle of Irvine...

But no floorplans... and 3 stories... ehhh... seems annoying esp at 1200 sq ft

calbear said:
Not a terrible location for young people who want to be near the middle of Irvine...

But no floorplans... and 3 stories... ehhh... seems annoying esp at 1200 sq ft

This will be hotter than oh3. (Believe me)  ;)

Burn That Belly said:
3 story townhomes... this is where dream16 should've bought as an investment instead of in PS1. A 3 story townhome in this location is likely to be more successful than out in PS.

Still, this location is not a good area to raise family. It is however, perfect for the young FCBs 18-25 year olds who party it up and truly want to be "close to everything" and walk to DJ every night for karoke and booze.

Say what you want regarding the three story, but the location is great. Try not to laugh, it?s a FCB paradise as there is shopping all around. (DJ, Walmart, Costco, Target, and TJmax - they like that discount)

These could make for a good investment property if the HOA isn't $600/mo.  I noticed they say no Mello and low tax rate but don't mention HOA.  HOA in this area is typically through the roof.

I'm expecting a great number of these 1-2 story tilt up manufacturing/office parks to be converted in the next few years. If one of these buildings will sell for $2.5m on a 1.2 acre lot, and you put 10 3 story homes on it for $700k each, the math will work. Remember, much of the infrastructure pre-exists (roads, sewer, electrical) so there isn't that much in the way of relative costs to convert to residential.

That said, you couldn't pay me to live under a jet way, even if the location allowed me to walk to work.

My .02c

SGIP

HOA is $272/mo and tax rate is approximately 1.07% plus $126 per year for direct assessments.

"We are building 71 tri-level attached townhomes with 2 car direct access garages. Sizes range from 1,245 sqft to 2,039 sqft and are 2 bed 2.5 bath up to 4 bed 3.5 bath. The community will have a swimming pool and there will be built in BBQ?s and a small park at the rear of the community where folks can walk their dogs or just themselves."

"FCB paradise" will likely prove to be accurate in time.

this looks like a better investment than portola springs or great park or even orchard hills3. but it's tustin usd (not good ones). still the location is much better than most new irvine areas.

I saw these a while ago on my way to that Greek gyro place Apola.

They changed their sign from mid $700k to mid $600k start.

These are right behind a new apartment in-build off of Alton.

I think if you?re a professional working in this area it might be a good starter but how much do resale 2/2s go for in more traditional hoods?

Per the link above, it's TUSD, not Irvine, which makes sense. At least it's not inside the Santa Ana Unified School District.

My 02c

I don't think school district matters too much here for the target buyer pool (other than from resale perspective).  Target buyer is young single professionals, or young married couples without kids so school won't be a factor for 7+ years.

How much do you think the 1250sqft 2bd units would rent for?  The newer condos down the street go for ~$3000 for a little over 1000sqft with no attached garage. 

eyephone said:
Burn That Belly said:
3 story townhomes... this is where dream16 should've bought as an investment instead of in PS1. A 3 story townhome in this location is likely to be more successful than out in PS.

Still, this location is not a good area to raise family. It is however, perfect for the young FCBs 18-25 year olds who party it up and truly want to be "close to everything" and walk to DJ every night for karoke and booze.

Say what you want regarding the three story, but the location is great. Try not to laugh, it?s a FCB paradise as there is shopping all around. (DJ, Walmart, Costco, Target, and TJmax - they like that discount)

LOL they pinch pennies but blow millions on homes...

Soylent Green Is People said:
I'm expecting a great number of these 1-2 story tilt up manufacturing/office parks to be converted in the next few years. If one of these buildings will sell for $2.5m on a 1.2 acre lot, and you put 10 3 story homes on it for $700k each, the math will work. Remember, much of the infrastructure pre-exists (roads, sewer, electrical) so there isn't that much in the way of relative costs to convert to residential.

That said, you couldn't pay me to live under a jet way, even if the location allowed me to walk to work.

My .02c

SGIP

A lot of Newport and East Costa Mesa is under a jet way.    Is it the noise or concerns about health issues?

Burn That Belly said:
My point is that 3 story townhomes are generally a bad investment unless you have an incredible upside. The upside is location and we're talking 30 second or 1 minute walking distance to the epi-center of something spectacular. So C2E should do much better than the 3 story homes in PS, like what dream16 bought and is losing money on.

Now having said that, I think they should've done with Americana did or Atlantic Time Square did in Monterey Park. And that is to build the condos/apartments on TOP of the actual plaza. Now we're talking WALKING distance literally footsteps away from the heart of the action.  TIC could then charge $1M for a 2 bed/2bath 1000 sqft condo, with balcony views overlooking DJ plaza every night.

Here's Atlantic Time Square Plaza:http://atlantictimesquare.com/the-residenceshttps://www.redfin.com/CA/Monterey-Park/600-N-Atlantic-Blvd-91754/unit-418/home/40488011

Imagine coming home and walking out to your balcony overlooking Diamond Jamboree busy night of people fighting for parking.

WS17227829_0.jpg

You forgot they like to smoke. So the balcony is perfect!

Back