Ray Dalio's Autobiography

panda

I don't really write on Talk Irvine about Macro Investing and the financial markets because I am not in the money management business. However two men that had the greatest influence on me in macro investing are Ray Dalio, founder of Bridgewater and Jeffrey Gundlach, founder of Doubleline Capital. When I sense that a major macro shift is about to take place, I try to find out what these two men are thinking at the time and why my thinking may be wrong or right. In life, you have to learn from your failures to advance.

I just received this book and yesterday and I couldn't put it down. This book is not so much about Ray Dalio's investing strategy, but about his principles and his values as a person. His failures of making a wrong call in 1982 and losing everything starting from ground 0 while his company bridgewater was only 8 years old. He shares that he had to borrow $4000 from his dad to get back on his feet again. Hopefully you guys on TalkIrvine will gain a lot of life and business wisdom from his book like I have. 

bzm1nOu.jpg

[youtube]uN7MNHoE6bM[/youtube]

Back