Planet Fitness

socal78

Does anyone here go to Planet Fitness? There's one in The District (Qwerty?) and also Laguna Niguel.

A new Planet Fitness is opening in Foothill Ranch in late December / early January.

I'm excited about this. I'm thinking about basically moving in. I've never been to a P.F. but I like what I've read about them so far -- no 'roid fueled jugheads, excellent deals including month-to-month. All new equipment. One of the things I didn't like about 24 Hour was maintenance issues with the equipment.

Iho, you would like Planet Fitness. They give out free pizza and bagels. They probably do this to ensure a customer for life. What's weird is they even do haircuts.

eyephone said:
qwerty said:
Never been. I have my own Olympic style bench in the garage as well as dumb bells

Big time baller!!

It's pretty cheap. I bought a power rack (squat cage) and bench combo on Black Friday for $400. Add an oly bar and bumper plates and I'm still south of $1k.

I got a membership. I stopped by for my first visit / a tour yesterday.

Really happy about this place so far. Clean, big, everything's new. It has that nice "new workout machine" smell. A great variety of machines and equipment including separate sections for circuit training, stretching, lifting, etc. It's cool how every cardio machine has its own T.V.! You don't have to share a giant T.V. with other people and be forced to watch that one channel. They also have cupholders, headphone jacks, etc. No ceiling fans but they keep it air conditioned. It was actually chilly in there and I already had a sweater on.

I went into the hydrotherapy / massage rooms. For the black membership people, they have massage chairs, two hydro chairs, tanning booths, and some kind of weird vibrating capsule thing you stand in to loosen you up (which sounds like hocus pocus to me). Oh, no haircuts at this one, though.

I thought they would probably make this 2 stories. But it's actually one. My only complaint might be the machines possibly being a little too close together. Iirc, there's more personal space at other gyms. Pretty sure there is at 24 Hour. I would feel weird if I got on a treadmill and someone else got on one almost touching mine and was moving their legs in lock-step with me. I don't know. Maybe that's just my hang-up. I really like my personal space around me especially if there are creepy guys. But the good thing is right now, it seems like you would have every opportunity for privacy since they are just building their membership up. It just opened on Friday.

All in all, it actually seems like a really cool place. I especially love how everything is just very clean and brand spanking new, especially the locker rooms and restroom areas. (No, they didn't keep the old Staples bathrooms or whatever it was before this.)

I'm really looking forward to going here!

SoCal said:
Iho, you would like Planet Fitness. They give out free pizza and bagels. They probably do this to ensure a customer for life. What's weird is they even do haircuts.

Real men don't go to gyms to workout. :)

The pizza, bagels and haircuts interest me though.

Back