Glass shoe cabinet - Graphrix/Cayci

jvna

Graphrix/Cayci - I remember the thread where you guys posted a pic of your glass shoe cabinet. When I went back to look for it, the pic was gone. Can you guys post instructions on how you made it and where you got the materials along with a pic again? It was a great idea and I'd like to do the same for my wife. Thanks!

[quote author="jvna"]Graphrix/Cayci - I remember the thread where you guys posted a pic of your glass shoe cabinet. When I went back to look for it, the pic was gone. Can you guys post instructions on how you made it and where you got the materials along with a pic again? It was a great idea and I'd like to do the same for my wife. Thanks![/quote]

Yeah, sorry about that. My one "so there!" act in the IHB mess was to change things such that all the old links to my pictures on the old site are now broken. Here it is:

IMG_5879.jpg

It was an IKEA cabinet. I took one of my shoes and walked around IKEA until I found one deep enough that met the glass doored specs. I just looked at the website and I can't find one that looks like the one I have anymore.

And Graph only helped when I wasn't strong or tall enough (the cabinet is taller than me) to do a task. I nailed all 90 nails into the back myself. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

[quote author="caycifish"]
[quote author="jvna"]Graphrix/Cayci - I remember the thread where you guys posted a pic of your glass shoe cabinet. When I went back to look for it, the pic was gone. Can you guys post instructions on how you made it and where you got the materials along with a pic again? It was a great idea and I'd like to do the same for my wife. Thanks![/quote]

Yeah, sorry about that. My one "so there!" act in the IHB mess was to change things such that all the old links to my pictures on the old site are now broken. Here it is:

IMG_5879.jpg

And Graph only helped when I wasn't strong or tall enough (the cabinet is taller than me) to do a task. I nailed all 90 nails into the back myself. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->[/quote]

Very nice Cayci! It looks like you only have room for one more pair of Shoes...but you were probably wearing the ones from the open space when you took the Pic...

[quote author="centralcoast"]There's always room for another pair or 2. She can add a shelf on the right hand side, for example....[/quote]

I think the other pair was actually in my suitcase at the time. Anyhow, the unit only came with the shelves that were in it and extra shelves weren't available. Someday I will probably have two more made so all my shoes will actually fit. :-[

Thanks Cayci.... I like that it's got sliding doors so it would need less space. Also a good idea to bring a pair of shoes to make sure that it'll be deep enough. I'll check out Ikea to see what they've got.

Nice! I still have my shoes in three big boxes- brown, black and color. Then a few pairs that I use often on a bar organizer. You gave me the idea just as we are getting the garage organized:)

Looks like blue is your color...

[quote author="Cubic Zirconia"]Looks like blue is your color...[/quote]

You have no idea! But it is cool since I love blue too. Well... sometimes we look like the blue couple and there is just too much blue. I don't care, but you know... too much of a good thing...

[quote author="graphrix"]
[quote author="Cubic Zirconia"]Looks like blue is your color...[/quote]

You have no idea! But it is cool since I love blue too. Well... sometimes we look like the blue couple and there is just too much blue. I don't care, but you know... too much of a good thing...[/quote]

Its true, I saw them last weekend
smurf-costumes.jpg

[quote author="evalseraphim"]^^^ Wish I could exalt or thank that.[/quote]

+1

LOL!

Optimus Prime and Megatron would look really good in that case.

IKEA is also great for collectable cabinets. Trust me, I have plenty of those, too. Dusting shoes or toys is a PITA, so I usually spring for glass doors.

Cayci, love your shoe cabinet!
Are the shelves adjustable?
It looks like it since the shelves are different height on the left.

Yes, the shelves are adjustable. Except for the middle one. IRCC it is permanent and helps stabilize it.

Back